Calling coding and computer experts

Got it. I know there’s a way in dev mode to enable usb serial ports I’m just not sure exactly how it works

Yes, there is but it doesn’t mean that it will be the way VESC Tools needs it to be, Chrome OS apps supports usb/serial port through its API not through dev sockets like vesc tool expects it :slight_smile:

Ok I would like to try the api way I’m just not sure how to install an api. I searched all over and I still don’t know how to. Would you be able to get me started with just how to install the api?

You dont need to install anything it’s inside chrome native api, but it will not work with vesc tool because its not compatible…

https://developer.chrome.com/apps/app_serial

Ohh ok. So I’m pretty much stuck?

I suggested multiple times how to do this.

2 Likes

No I understand your way I just like chrome os a lot. I meant I can’t use the serial port api!

How do I run the api. How do I create the manifest.json file and incorporate into chrome os

Man, you can’t just take a something and try to make it work… It’s just not how it works…

4 Likes

I hear that. I was just curious to see if it maybe just maybe can work but if you really don’t think so then I won’t try.

Why? Lol

10char

1 Like

I’m a student in school and it suits my needs very well for the time being.