Calling Electrical Engineers: Can some please build a power switch that actually works?

Adding more capacitance to the VESC will make it worse. Also, don’t add less…

Adding more capacitance to the antispark switch or upping the resistor value would increase the turn-on time, decreasing the current spike, increasing the longevity of the parts

Used both. No problems. 100 amps minimum though. Have had 40 amp units fail after a week.

1 Like

Was he was talking about more caps on the VESC…?

Can’t update the rankings until this is hashed-out… T_T

I use a bms and use the 6s voltage connection from the bms as the switching voltage for the SSR. Measuring with a DC ammeter measures less than 0.05 amps. Will measure again with a 4-20ma meter when I remember. No voltage drift in the pack as yet.

Can I know what do you mean you use the 6S voltage connection from BMS?

Use the 24 volts from the 6s wiring back to the BMS

Do you mean if your battery pack is 10 or 12S you tap off the first 6S?

1 Like

I have a 3 MOSfets antispark with XT90, 80A fuse with 12S from eskating and it works great so far.

1 Like

imageWhy yes, ve have something

4 Likes

Made these with @fottaz antispartk PCB’s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More informations please

1 Like

I gave you all the details you need it’s literally two items. Just as simple as a loop key…

As150 antispark bullet 3d printed switch.

The guy that started the thread asked for a bullet proof idea. There it is. Now if he wants it HE can make it for HIS product.

No details haha… more like you didn’t expect a simple solution with only two parts.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RVM93YO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_K9PNAbJC2WN5P

4 Likes

I had the same Idea! thought I’d make it from wood. ditched the idea when I noticed it’s tough to pull the xt90 anti spark key out! Like your design and the use of bullets.

1 Like

relax… put the 3d file on thingiverse and make all us happy :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe, after I have some miles on it.

Either way the AS150 has threads to hold it in place… It’s a simple model. I’m sure you could whip one up in a few minutes Greco…

or optimize it in a tiny package and sell it :thinking:

It’s the size of an 18650…

It’s probably smaller then most antispark footprints for fitment with connectors attached…lol just change the panel mount so it drops inside- out. Instead of outside-in like it is currently.

1 Like

i have an idea

1 Like

What is wrong with the solid state relay idea? Use the tiniest buck converter you can find to drop the voltage off your main battery to say 5 or 12v, then use any illuminated switch you want. The switch activates low voltage to the relay, the relay then switches main power to the ESC/VESC. Easy peasy.

1 Like

@cosmicc89 Size.

Is always the problem.