- If you leave the tab, the page title starts blinking “Wait, where did you go? Don’t forget this…”
- Bottom left hand corner (and occasional full page css popup) says you can “win a prize!”
- “Customer support” chat automatically pops up and starts talking to you, with sound.
- On mobile, there’s the ubiquitous “sign up to our newsletter” popup that always appears when you’re trying to read an article or look at a product. Only, it reads “Win a special prize!” instead.
- Every once in awhile, to create fake urgency about product demand, a popup appears telling me that (name) in (location) just purchased (product).
I know the owners of the site probably frequent this forum, so I hope to learn what is the purpose of these horrors. For myself, it just makes me less likely to trust your store.