Can I trust this store?

Is trustworthy?

• If you leave the tab, the page title starts blinking “Wait, where did you go? Don’t forget this…”
  • Bottom left hand corner (and occasional full page css popup) says you can “win a prize!”
  • “Customer support” chat automatically pops up and starts talking to you, with sound.
  • On mobile, there’s the ubiquitous “sign up to our newsletter” popup that always appears when you’re trying to read an article or look at a product. Only, it reads “Win a special prize!” instead.
  • Every once in awhile, to create fake urgency about product demand, a popup appears telling me that (name) in (location) just purchased (product).

I know the owners of the site probably frequent this forum, so I hope to learn what is the purpose of these horrors. For myself, it just makes me less likely to trust your store.

2 Likes

I think the site is “built” (clicked together) with Shopify, these are just annoying options and/or plugins that you can simply add to your shop using shopify. Pretty bad pratices webdesign/UX wise, I agree. They are active on this forum as @torqueboards and are very reliable AFAIK.

1 Like

Yeah they’re legit… & yes the owner is on this forum… @torqueboards

2 Likes

Those are basic elements of marketing in these days. Their products are legit and if I’m right they are one of the first diy part brands.

1 Like