Can we get a dark theme?

Yes! Sounds familiar…

it’s on the .club site. it would be great to have here too!

Disappointed to see this hasen’t had any change or even a mention of being changed.

1 Like

We have it on the esk8.nl site… +1 vote

I would like this also, I don’t usually check the forum late at night because its too bright. I use my reddit app that has dark setting. ios

Chrome uses can try Dark Reader, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en

@onloop @onloop @onloop we want a dark theme! Pretty please :baby_chick:

12 Likes

Dark Reader

2 Likes

Just keeping the dark theme dream alive.

5 Likes

Just perfect.

If there’s such extension for a phone, I would be all set. :smiley:

3 Likes

I was using this until I noticed it started to cause websites to load incredibly slow. Like 4-5 seconds + slow. Regards of it I had it enabled or disabled for that site or not.

For phone though I have Samsungs internet browser on my note 9, and that has a night mode that works awesome.

Right here it doesn’t seem to slow anything down and my laptop(10 years old), which I use exclusively for long trips is dealing with it just fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It worked great for me for a few weeks. Had some issues with some websites having the text blend into the background.
Then some websites started to take longer to load. First I though it was just that site being shit. Then I tried to open that site on chrome and it worked instantly.
After that I uninstalled dark reader and everything was fast again.

Since I only used it for here, i just deleted it.

I essentially just installed this extension, added only this site to it and here we go. Others I use already support dark mode anyways. :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks for the share. Looks awesome :slight_smile:

The native dark mode for Firefox seems to work just fine, although few probably use it

For all Mac users, I can recommend this

works just perfect!

+1 for native dark mode!

1 Like

+1 for dark mode

1 Like

Is ist really that much work? Or is it that expensive? I cant understand why there is no native dark mode here in the forum.

1 Like

Themes for discourse, like themes for any CMS, have to be edited to fit the header logo and color scheme as well as sizing aspects. Its not a quick and dirty process, takes time and as with everything there are potential issues.