Can't tell which is - and which is + on charging port

Isn’t there any other way? shouldn’t it be shown on the product page? maybe I can message the seller for help. Nevermind, got it.

Alright, while I’m at it I can get a better one, not the 40$ though, mabye around 10-20? something reliable?

mabye this?

Wow, thank you. I’ll get a voltmeter today.

1 Like

Does it matter to which of the positives I connect it to?

I think it’s best to solder between them. As in join them with solder.

That’s how i’ve had previous ports arrive to me.

Not entirely sure though, so would appreciate somebody in the know-how to confirm that!

Thanks, I’ll do that, sounds logical to me but what do I know, I don’t even have a voltmeter lol

1 Like

I’m in the same boat!

Fake it until you make it… or break it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that the L shaped connection is the pin in the middle of the jack? The dc chargers we use are positive inside and negative outside.

I havn’t used that multimeter before, but I expect it to be better than one of those yellow plastic ones in any case.

Also, you cannot be 100% sure that that scematic is the same for your plug, unless clanger has the exact same plug, maybe not even then.

On the dc plug discussion: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/141897/dc-power-supply-jack-connector-pinout (Aka you can just connect the 2 positives together).

3 Likes

Yeah, the L is in the exact middle of the socket. Does that mean the schematic is wrong?

Looks identical, no other real way to check it though.

Can you please share a picture of your DC plug? This way we could at least find out what the polarity of the connector going from the charger is. We’re looking for this symbol:

Or just let us know if your plug has the left or right one on it.

yup you can bridge the other two. They are bridged once you plug in anything anyway.

check if your charger has this netzteil

1 Like

My charger has positive polarity. What does that mean in regards to poles on the connector?

it means the schematic you posted is wrong.

1 Like

Bloody hell ahaha.

So the single pin is positive and the other two are negative?

3 Likes

By plug you mean the charger?

Yes, sorry, the charger.

Amazing, appreciate it!

Sorry for hijacking the thread @ShakeNBake7000!