Carbon fiber or wood? What's your opinion?

At some point maybe try both for comparison. You’ll see what I’m saying is true.

erm… this experiment seem like a bit costly to me.
200USD:joy::joy:

1 Like

If you had the budget would you go for carbon?

Our dollar isn’t worth much right now anyway :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Even with shock pads, good trucks, kegels?

I have wood decks and a carbon fiber deck (raptor). CF definitely vibrates more. If you plan on doing rides longer than 10 miles or riding on rough payment, then wood is a better choice. CF is lighter and looks cool, but I’ll take wood deck over CF any day.

2 Likes

Is it muuuch different?

I would say in most cases no, but if I wanted a fully integrated design that hides the batteries and electronics, or I had to have really good water resistance I might. Vibration dampening is probably a bigger factor for me as some of the roads and paths I ride on are totally sh*t! I like to have as smooth ride as possible.

I really like the idea of carbon enclosures though on a wood deck.

Noticeable. Put it this way, I always ride the carbon fiber board with running shoes instead of vans or other skate shoes because the running shoes have more cushioning.

1 Like

Ok wow. I’m leaning towards wood right now. Maybe adding good components will decrease the vibrations?

Softer wheels will help. I’m running Abec 11 78a, which are softer than the Abec 11 clones, but even then it still vibrates. Depending on your weight and riding style softer bushings will help a bit as well.

big wheel, soft wheel, rubber truck pad, foam grip tape will help.

Where do you see it saying that the deck is $200? It seems like its trying to be the Evolve board but its not quite as smooth of a transition to the electronics compartment and in general a bit more crude. That being said, if it really is only $200 and its full carbon fiber its a steal - I’d love to get one.

@VikasG i send an quote request. they reply me 200USD for deck only. and i not how big of the battery compartment, they only told me can fit 10s3p liion and duo vesc.

this deck a bit different from evolve gt, this china deck i cant see any compartment screw from above the deck, i think the cover is on the bottom of the deck.

what decks are you riding today ? what is your riding style ? you can ask all the opinions of the world but a lot is about your personal feeling.

1 Like

wood and carbon. best of both worlds.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/14591069_215485422213761_2959276576258129920_n.jpg

sweet board~~ i like this kind of enclosure design instead of attached at the bottom of the deck. thats why i look for the carbon deck.

Those are 6" pneumatics? :heart_eyes: I searched forever to find hubs that fit a longboard truck. Have you contact with them? I just want 4 of those wheels…

Also I found this deck: https://m.alibaba.com/product/60563784139/2016-The-Lightest-Carbon-fiber-deck.html?spm=a2706.7843667.1998817009.117.VQxv5x Looks just like the one miami boards is selling.

ya, 6’’ pneumatics, i saw there have a group buy from here. i just ask for the carbon deck pricing from alibaba seller.

this deck i saw also. Is miami deck. 220USD for single piece. the weight only 1kg. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: And no need headache about the enclosure~~~ :yum::yum:

Who has a group buy for these wheels?