Carbon Fiber Vacuum/Resin infusion|Enclosure|Deck|3D printing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTXjxUjMag

4 Likes

The acrylic panel I was using as mold has some scratches on it,I didn’t polish the surface,there will be grip tape on it. It came out OK.:relaxed:

It’s not going to break but it has flex just like Vangurd board.:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

DAMMMMMN!!!

that is sick

1 Like

Next time when I do it again I’ll go thicker.(10mm) instead of 5mm or use core material to add rigidity.

3 Likes

How the hell did you cut out carbon fiber like that!?!

Not yet.:yum:It’s template. I am planning to cut it out

AFTER :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

looking slick. Where can I go to get started with vacuum bagging?

It’s just going to be a long-board; little too flexible for my taste.

13 Likes

easycomposites has great videos to look at.

how many carbon layers did you use for 5mm thickness? im very interested in vanguard-like flex :slight_smile:

I used 5 sheets of 12k 815gsm(gives 0.8mm thickness) plus 4 of 3k 203gsm(gives 0.2mm thickness)

Does anyone know how thick Trampa Board is?

2 Likes

Maybe some curves , channels in the board would help the rigidity? …in the mold?

Yes,That’s exactly my next plan. I 'll give little more curve with 4mm Honeycomb Core between layers. This material is a polyester non woven material with Honeycomb structure as a flow channel for resin.:thumbsup:

Looks like this

Resin only flows in the channel.

1 Like

ill watch and learn, this is extremely valueable for me :heart_eyes:

Fancy…honeycomb :honeybee:

Look forward to the update…

This is simply amazing! Next level shit

And I still want to know how you cut it out😀

How much does it weigh?

Dremel with

2 Likes

I didn’t scale the weight, but it’s definitely lighter than a wood deck. Now I am planning to add little bit of rigidity to the board with as least weight as possible.