CarbonCopy | Enertion Deck | Caliber Trucks

The KD 53-30 High Voltage Brushless Outrunner 190KV? Or are the Turnigy motors to high at 260KV at 10S?

It looks close - try stacking some speed washers on the inside to push the whee out a few mm. I made some 5mm spacers and used them on my dual 5065 setup (Paris 195 trucks) - worked great to get just enough room and still have threads engaged on axle nut.

190kv is fine, 260kv is good up to 8s if I remember correctly. I agree with @sl33py , some spacers will get you were you need to be. You can even find some low profile nylock nuts for your axel if you need more room.

If anyone knows where you can find low profile nuts that would be helpful!

Alternative is to thread lock your nuts.

I love it when you talk dirty

2 Likes

You can also just flip the nylon nut so it is near bearing. Looks a bit funny but works.

1 Like

I did not think about that. I don’t even think anyone would notice other than myself.

How about the screws on the nuts? The gold hardware seems to sit lower than the black hardware you sent with me single motor kit.

Update - The torque of these motors paired with the traction of the kegel wheels pulls HARD.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Awesome build.

1 Like

Yeah looks awesome. Are your motors 6364? You were able to fit both on 10" caliber II’s? Are you using 9" belts?

those are definitely 9mm belts.

@Sboard342 - did you need to add any spacers to fit those motors? what length are they? 63xx?

The motors look big so just curious how two were squeezed on there! I might want to copy this set up.

The pulley and belt satup is from torque boards, which is 9mm belts.

There is basically just enough room. Took a little work to get it all on there. Running 3 speed washers on the inside of each truck.

My only worry on the motors are with the wires. They are a bit stiff and I can see them snapping. Need to figure out a fix before that happens.

Did those motors come with a keyway ? How did you mount the pulley ?

No keyway. I had to grind flat spots on to the motors.

Any updates on this build? @Sboard342

Still have it. Have not had a chance to ride it more than a couple test runs.