Carry handle for my Loaded Vanguard flex 1

Hello guys. Help is needed.

While I have some knowledge on electronics I lack a bit more on the mechanical part. :frowning:

I did own a Meepo board for some days but I sold it after a short while.I must admit though that there was one thing I did like a lot with that board and that was the carry handle.

So I was wondering if by cutting a handle on my Vanguard flex 1 I would risk it breaking or becoming a way to flexy.

I’m a bit on the heavy side (92kg) so therefore I did chose flex 1 to start with. I’ll be using Eboosted enclosures and I wouldn’t like to scrap them all the time on the pavement either.

Or is there any minimalistic handle that I could attach instead, I have been searching for one a while now without any luck.

Thanks in advance Fatos Blakaj

1 Like

I was in search for a handle myself…till I got the freebord S2 binding, instant handle :wink: Can carry the board over my shoulder

2 Likes

Cutting a small four finger sized slot in your vanguard will be fine, make sure it’s at least an inch from the edge of the board…

1 Like

I used to have luggage handles on both my boards that I bought on ebay for around $3 each but they used to rattle a bit and got annoying after a few rides.

@Tampaesk8er Yeah, thought about it once but I knew that rattling wold drive me nuts. It has to be at lest a spring to holding it tight.

I ended up using nylon handles from an old duffel bag I had laying around and they work great, no noise, i didnt want to make holes in my board. If you do this, make sure you burn the edges of the nylon that way they wont come apart.

4 Likes