Carvon 2.5 Cogging

What do you recommend?

I’m thinking of going BLDC with Bat Max at 25A on each. Not sure about Bat Min. Currently Bat Min is at -12.00 A

12s 1p with the cells I dont know but I ride 70 battery on each vescs sometimes. whatever your battery can do.

I have the v2.5 does anyone know how to take the motor off??? i did damage to the hanger but the motors fine i would like to replace the hanger has anyone taken them off before???

Have never taken them apart that fully, interested to hear if others have advice. Post a picture if you can of location of the hanger damage. How did you mangle the hanger and not the hubs?

I have a single and the wheel fell off because of me not tightening it up

UPDATE So i switched everything over to BLDC. I was still failing motor detection but with one vesc. I was getting “ABS_OVER_CURRENT”. I checked the connections and tried again and got “UNDER_VOLTAGE” and the battery turned off.

Then I put the battery on the charger and ate dinner. It finished charging before I was done.

Hooked it up again this time only one vesc, and it passed motor detection. I was going to unplug and testdrive it but right before I turned it off I saw I was getting “ABS_OVER_CURRENT” again. Then back to normal. It seems like its going in and out of it.

Could this have been causing the cogging too?

Oh also. I talked with Dexter at DIY (thats where I got my battery, its also discontinued). The BMS is capable with 30amp/80amps. Im assuming thats 30A continuous / 80A max.

Does anyone know why one of my vescs shows “ABS_OVER_CURRENT” then back to none about every 30 seconds?

With my carvon v2 single, I get abs over current when I overload the vesc with braking or accelerating too hard.

Yeah im not doing anything. Its literally sitting on my desk idle unpsidedown. The remote isn’t even on but it still goes in and out of abs over current.

Ollin said they will replace the vesc in question.

Yeah it sounds like a DRV related error code, hopefully it isn’t the hubs causing the problem. If you don’t have this problem sorted out by April 15th, I’ll be in NYC and could offer you a hand with diagnosing the problem. We spoke about puch mopeds in the past if you remember me.

omg yeah! I sent my vesc into Ollin for repair already though. I narrowed it down to that one vesc because It still happened when I hooked it up to another motor.