Carvon Direct Drive Tuners Thread - Share your tips, tricks & recommendations

V4s are compatible with clones.

These new wheels differ from their previous wheels. The current wheels now have the thicker spokes which are not compatible with most pulleys.

I have been thinking of using the evolve front trucks with these. How wide are the v4 drives? Could maybe just get a pair of 10 inch gullwings instead.

From the photo, no it doesn’t look like it.

5 benjamins on hub motors that can run unmodified genuine abec11 flys, and you’re looking at clones? I’d have thought the abec11 thane was a large part of why these motors are interesting.

Trucks, Carvon has the surfrodz tkp as the suggested upgrade. Might be a good place to start. Jerry’s been money in all his advice to me so far.

Copying from the other thread:

The Evole trucks are 305mm axle end-to-end

Looks like 10 inch gullwings it is. Anyone wanna split a set?

What is the axle end-to-end? 10 inches? [254mm]

Honestly I’d prefer wider trucks in the front and skinnier ones in back if they were not matched

With Carvons not really enough of a truck for their to be to much “Matching” to worry about. I got mine in black so I will order some Gullwings in black. I just want performance carving and turning at high speeds.

I have this crazy idea of putting the V4 speeddrives on my exo when I get it. Torques in the rear speeddrives in front. I can’t imagine a better setup.

LoLz I meant matched in axle length only.

oh LOL that is tough. Is the evo even have a matching footprint? In the video it kinda looks shorter in front.

How would you determine expected top speed with 2wd rear belt and 2wd front direct?

Put it on a treadmill with 200lbs [91kg] of gym weights on top and let her rip :smiley:

1 Like

I would think youd calculate for the lower geated axle at 100%. Thats the speed I reached when I mixed hubs front and rear with differemt KV’s (70kv amd 130kv).

1 Like

Those Bigfoot wheels are junk. At least that’s what I read on the silverfish forum…

Nobody who had tried them had anything positive to say about them.

Schitty rebound iirc…

dude… they are clones.

yes they are they’re own brand but it is a brand that clones the cores of legit Abec 11 Flywheels

They are exactly your typical clone with there logo stamped on it. I have a pair and they are just as bad as the non stamped clones.

For those that need Service just in case they blow a DRV

https://drvwizard.com/

3 Likes

I have the F1 superfly on the way Already have one pair of V3 only need the other and the build will be alive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gonna make a build thread?