Carvon Direct Drive Tuners Thread - Share your tips, tricks & recommendations

for those of you with the clicking. Did you guys add heat shrink to the flywheel adapter prongs?

Mine was quiet for about 20 miles and started making a clicking noise. Turns out it was because the sharp edges of the prongs were wearing out the flywheel’s core/holes and there was a slight movement. I added heat shrink to them, put the wheel back on and the noise was gone. Maybe yours in not something as simple as this.

4 Likes

Did exactly this on my TD clone/mbs adapters when I saw the teeth were cutting in (still haven’t received the updated re-machined adapter that was promised months ago). This also allowed me to fit Flywheels without the need for the flywheel adapter they never have in stock anyway.

1 Like

Yeah Mike is right. Didn’t have it at first but with new wheels after one day there was movement from digging in.

1 Like

Okay update. Tried setting it up starting from default motor settings on 3.1 and they still overheat.

Tried 3.38 and no difference still overheating.

Both test results are from setting up via the desktop app on a macbook.

I solved braking by upping batt min to -25. It is a lot better now

Both results are with these settings. 60 -45 25 -25

@LEVer I know you are busy but I need to know if I got faulty motors now because I have tried everything that I can think of.

are you running a 10s or 12s?

12s2p sanyo 20700b

@Yecrtz runs 12s5p on the rusty evo with sdr on 97 and no overheating.

when I spoke to Jerry he told me the overheating would be solved or reduced by using a 12s :confused:

Yeah when I read that it did not make me smile.

It’s 30℃ outside here… topping out at 49 degrees on 10+km rides.

what is the logic behind why 12s would reduce overheating?

2 Likes

less amp draw i’m guessing.

motors demand X wattage to produce Y amount of work, and watt = amp * voltage.

maybe?

2 Likes

It just seems a bit risky. We’ve been warn to stay at 10s for so long and now kinda urged to go 12s. It’s like that egg debate. It’s good then bad then good then bad. So confusing!

4 Likes

Can you and @Yecrtz swap drives/hangers and see if one or the other overheats? If his overheat on your board, it’s probably safe to say it’s your setup/settings and not faulty motors. But, if the other way around…well, hopefully it’s not.

1 Like

Thinking the same thing. I’ve already planned out a 10s pack as suggested by others and on the carvon site but thats for the TD. Don’t think I wanna push 12s on the vescs as well as someone mentioned that 12s on vescs is nearing the upper limit already.

The Carvon site appears to be down. Is this the same for everyone else?

Could be something big like a site overhaul image

Fixed it 10char

3 Likes

Oh lol I didnt know you were admin of the site haha thanks for that!

Yeah was thinking the same thing but it is unlikely since I am running the same firmware as him and set up from default settings again.

Well I’m located in the Netherlands… That would be a challange