Carvon Direct Drive Tuners Thread - Share your tips, tricks & recommendations

@BigBoyToys is 260lbs. He needs the 4wd if he wants to get up hills I guess. I’m still unsure what my plans are since I have almost no hills and don’t plan to go any faster than 28mph. His build is just cool

2 Likes

I think one of the first bottlenecks is max regen. Need big charge rates in your packs if you want strong brakes to match the high top speed.

We get all winter to design and build, eh? :slight_smile:

I was 264lbs this morning :), Im actually down 30lbs from 294lbs in July and aiming to get under 250 by New years.

My performance desires are a bit extreme by most people’s standards but considering Im double the weight of many eboarders my power to weight ratio isnt that far above many of you guys(yet…stay tuned) Ie. My 135lb friend almost keeps up with my 4wd with a 2wd.

Hill climbing is definitely part of why I use 4wd but in all honestly its speed and acceration that are most important to me. Hill climbing ability happens to come along for the ride.

I think a 4wd V4 torquedrives on 107’s would really be an awesome ride, if someone doesnt make one soon I might have to lol. With the low KV it will also make good use of the amps you feed it for acceleration/regen and bigger wheels and extra motors will get it right up near their max no load speed where they run most efficiently. Close to 30mph Id guess. It would also be more efficient than the speed drives. We’ve already seen that my 4wd speed drive set up can get really good efficiency under light load cruising, Im curious how much better the torque drive would be with the low KV.

As for a belt/direct drive hybrid, I think its original and should be done for science lol. I think it would definitely be a better looking board than a 4wd belt drive with motors sticking out front and rear :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I wouldnt be surprised if it turned into a 4wd Speed drive in the future though as Im not sure the rear belt drive will offer anything that an extra pair of speed drives on the back wouldnt other than more torque off the line and reduced top speed. If you tried to match the gearing of the belt drive to the speed drives I think youd end up with very similar performance to having a 4wd speed drive set up but maybe at lower cost?

2 Likes

already on it

2 Likes

Got an HM-10 module, and 7 pin JST PH 2.0 pigtail to hook up Nico’s app?

I have no idea what that setup would improve or worsen. Will be fun to experiment :wink:

I don’t even know how to determine what the top speed could/should be…lol

2 Likes

I’ve had my eyes on these since they’re more readily available. since they’re abec core wheels they should work. couldn’t be sure until someone with carbons verifies.

V4s are compatible with clones.

These new wheels differ from their previous wheels. The current wheels now have the thicker spokes which are not compatible with most pulleys.

I have been thinking of using the evolve front trucks with these. How wide are the v4 drives? Could maybe just get a pair of 10 inch gullwings instead.

From the photo, no it doesn’t look like it.

5 benjamins on hub motors that can run unmodified genuine abec11 flys, and you’re looking at clones? I’d have thought the abec11 thane was a large part of why these motors are interesting.

Trucks, Carvon has the surfrodz tkp as the suggested upgrade. Might be a good place to start. Jerry’s been money in all his advice to me so far.

Copying from the other thread:

The Evole trucks are 305mm axle end-to-end

Looks like 10 inch gullwings it is. Anyone wanna split a set?

What is the axle end-to-end? 10 inches? [254mm]

Honestly I’d prefer wider trucks in the front and skinnier ones in back if they were not matched

With Carvons not really enough of a truck for their to be to much “Matching” to worry about. I got mine in black so I will order some Gullwings in black. I just want performance carving and turning at high speeds.

I have this crazy idea of putting the V4 speeddrives on my exo when I get it. Torques in the rear speeddrives in front. I can’t imagine a better setup.

LoLz I meant matched in axle length only.

oh LOL that is tough. Is the evo even have a matching footprint? In the video it kinda looks shorter in front.

How would you determine expected top speed with 2wd rear belt and 2wd front direct?

Put it on a treadmill with 200lbs [91kg] of gym weights on top and let her rip :smiley:

1 Like