Carvon EVO is coming.... sooooooooooooon

What backer number are you?

How are all the builds going @longhairedboy?

Waiting on parts to get here. I have not started building anything. I don’t have order sheets, i don’t have parts. These are delays beyond my control.

I wish i had better news.

Believe me, when i start building these, the whole planet will know.

8 Likes

So these will be hand assembled by @longhairedboy? Woah awesome :slight_smile: I thought they were gonna be mass produced.

They will be mass produced.

In my garage.

By me.

And my mass of board building flesh.

Also, I’m getting Jake to help me test these damned things and get all the bolts in. He is quickly graduating from enthusiast to developer. Some of his designs and ideas are already in customer’s boards as well as a lot of his mechanical sweat. We make a good team.

I keep telling him to get on here. He keeps telling me forums are time sucks. I’m not sure which one of us is the old man anymore.

17 Likes

Any possibility once you start shipping that you do a brief video or two showing performance on the flat and on hills, with different wheel sizes, and comparisons between the different models if you offer different models, and a comparison to other common electric skate boards with some tech specs included. There are no good reviews on Carvon motors that review techniqual aspects of motor performance. Thanks.

Did you already receive some V4 speeddrives R?

1 Like

@Yecrtz I have one set and its on the EXO prototype, which had a temporary 3D printed drive insert which is now broken. I’m still waiting on a metal replacement for that but the manufacturing delays are real.

@Tim7 Once i get parts and get the prototype running again, which is exactly how they will be built, not some experimental mutant, I will do exactly that. However, 12S3P 30Q is a known quantity, so we know what to expect in general on these things. When was testing to begin with, the range was decent and the speed was definitely on par with my own boards. 30-35mph easy, and that was with conservative settings. When i say conservative, that means i maxed them out then backed them off to eliminate issues, and when the issues stopped, i left them where they landed.

Lots of people are buying these, so initial settings will be more sane than some of us are used to. However, they’re using VESCs so obviously you can tune them.

VESC. I said it. VESC. VESC VESC VESC. VESC.

5 Likes

They’re saying all the speeddrives Rs are being shipped this and next week. But that seems not the be the case then. Good to know.

if they are shipping this week or next week then maybe that’s why i don’t have them yet.

I was told it would rain parts in April. Its April. Let the Showers begin.

4 Likes

Lets hope so, fingers crossed

I hear @longhairedboy is going to be building the Carvon Exo Pro’s as well.

Any Idea on a timeline?

I thought Damon has a day job and family. Where does he find the time to make all these? I’m planning to take a day or two off work to build and test

1 Like

I do have a day job and a family.

Once the parts arrive and I have an order sheet, the other stuff i’m doing, such as evolve mods, custom completes, and battery stuff will grind to a halt and we’ll be focused on building these.

Basically the only reason i’m still taking orders on other things is because i haven’t seen any parts yet other than what i received to build the prototype. From what i understand, this is due to manufacturing delays for parts. I can’t stop this bread from flowing until i see the other bread flowing.

Also, if things continue as they have over the last few quarters, which is to say growth has been happening, then i won’t need the day job much longer anyway.

12 Likes

Would be awesome to see more people getting from this “hobby” to a fulltimejob!

It has been beyond a hobby for me going on three years now. It has been paying some of the bills in addition to paying for itself, but it has not quite arrived at the omelette stage.

the omelette stage is when the “chicken and egg situation” arrives at critical mass and things start breaking, meaning its time to shit or get off the pot. Emotionally I’ve been there for over a year now, but the reality is that more growth needs to happen. Then eggs break and chickens get fried and we start making omelettes.

8 Likes

Hi, any news for the EVO from kickstarter ? Some have received information ?

Unfortunately, everything is still status quo. I have no updates and still have no parts or order information.

3 Likes

RIP

@joeadams101 do you have any updates?

Yes, I hope it s not a total RIP, I did put a lot of money… I will maybe says what everyone is thinking… but I am really starting to be afraid of a bad money management of the campaign, hoping the new order will maybe bring enough money to fullfill our orders… :worried: