CARVON exo Pro battery

When you replace that 10s3 let me know lol. My small board has a 6s battery… its complete a$$

1 Like

I hope I have enough juice to keep up in Vegas. It’s my only working “portable” board. And it’s heavy even without the battery. I have it as a carry on and it’s a workout.

:unamused: both my boards are 3p. Gonna upgrade after Vegas. Wanna split an Uber? :joy:

1 Like

Lol. Sure. Are you staying at the oasis?

Nah. We have a timeshare south of the strip. I’m just gonna be there for a few group rides due to family time

Same with me, just for the group rides and Sunday.

this is probably a dumb question but if I tried to build my own battery in a 10s4p could I use a better battery then * Samsung 30Q 10s3p with 40A BMS/PCM. Could I use the Sanyo 20700? And if any one can point me in the direction of any info on building batteries I’d greatly appreciate it

@Lm1616 The sanyos are a bit more $ per cell but have better range and will take more chargers over it’s life (think they have slightly less speed tho) The 30q is the best bang for the buck. That’s why its become the standard.

1 Like

I live in Long Island NY

Building a battery is a lot of work. Its not impossible. Something i really want to do myself at some point. But whem it comes to buying the tools and parts needed to build one battery. You don’t really save any money over buying one from a builder. ( and that’s assuming you get it right the first time and don’t have to redo anything) You only really start to save if you’re making a few. Compression packs are an easier option for building a battery at home. But i don’t think that would fit in you board.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

1 Like

I would suggest hitting up @psychotiller https://psychotiller.com/product/18650-30q-battery-pack-with-charge-only-bms-usa-only Hes a great builder. He built mine. You can probably pay for half of your new battery by selling the old one. He knows his way around the Carvon boards and definitely knows his stuff

3 Likes

I for one would buy a smaller 10s battery for my light weight board. Psychotiller has had a really busy month (probably because he does quality work so everyone is always knocking at his door) So he might take a day or so to get back at ya.

1 Like

There’s a few battery builders in NY AFAIK. And Atm, building/buying a bigger 30Q pack is the way to go. You could probably fit a 10s5p on that deck. I’ll be making a 10s4p NESE pack after Vegas for my exo. For future traveling purposes.

1 Like

EXO is excellent in freeroll. You can extend the distance by turning off the throttle. If you dislike such a way of running, I recommend a battery of 10s4p or more.