Carvon v2.5 axle snap

Hopped on my board and about 10 seconds later the motor goes flying and I’m face down in cement. Banged up my arm a little but overall I’m fine.

2 Likes

Glad u are ok, guess this cements the death of the 8mm eskate axle.

4 Likes

oh no! Glad you’re okay.

So far Enertion, Landwheel and Carvon has snapped. This can’t be good. @BigBoyToys V2s are cast and V3/4 are CNC right? Does this mean new stuff should be less likely to have this happen?

2 Likes

Yup, motor seems fully intact. I’ll do testing later and see if someone wants to buy it and fix it up, I definitely don’t have the tools to get it working again.

The v2.5 are much older though

yeah, but you look like you are what 130lb? My fata$$ might speed up that aging process

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s limited to 8mm axles on hub motors and cheap clone trucks only. Not many vendors make 10mm axles

I see the aluminum hanger broke off after steel axle sheered. Such poor steel quality. Would have gone with chromoly.

130 in the spot. And I’ve probs only got like 100-200 miles.

@Michael319 did you contact Carvon?

@Michaelinvegas might wanna let Jerry know

Not only are the new carvons CNC’d, they also have larger diameter axles.

1 Like

Contacted Jerry first.

1 Like

8mm axles were originally designed as children’s toys anyway a LONG time ago and the time is ripe for an industry-wide adoption of 12mm and 10mm, and all the annoying incompatibilities that come with it

2 Likes

Yeah, well Im glad the leaders in the hub/direct drive world like Jerry and Hummie saw this coming and already Have Larger axle models out or in the works.

6 Likes

Glad I went with the new Carvon v4 XL. 10mm axels… beefy.

1 Like

Wanna trade?

2 Likes

Doesn’t it step down to 8mm to fit 608 bearings?

Just got some quality stiches. Warning: Blood

Jerry offered me a discount, but I’m probs just gonna switch to a belt drive. Really want some better low speed performance.

1 Like

On the website the xl only steps down to 10mm and is 305mm axel tip to tip.

I think this is good, I will also be running a surf rods front truck with a 200mm hanger and adjustable axel width which is also available in 10mm.

1 Like

Lol. Should have been a full refund or replacement…

3 Likes