Carvon V4 delivered.....somewhat

Seems like Carvon is shipping out the V4 drives from the group buy. Received mine today. Unfortunately the box that it was packed in was damaged. Opened the box and you can tell the box was too small for the drive and not enough packing was used. Took the drive out, spun each motor and the one motor that was facing the damaged side of the box doesn’t sound right. Just my luck. Time to contact Carvon. Hopefully everybody else’s arrives undamaged.GEDC0234 (640x428) GEDC0235 (640x428)GEDC0236 (640x428)

5 Likes

Congrats on getting your drive. I’m pretty sure shipping shouldn’t damage an item that was designed to take quite a lot of abuse under your board.

2 Likes

All I can say is the worst packaging I have seen for something probably weighing 5 lbs and too much dead space. The box should survive intact.

3 Likes

What’s with the tape saying it was received damaged?! What does that mean or was it USPS covering up their action.?

1 Like

Agreed there. Poor packing.That’s exactly how it sat in the box before I took it out other than the packing that was on top of the drive. The poor packing caused the entire drive to shift around in the box during transport causing the box to rip open. Upon closer inspection of the box, there’s a puncture hole in the box on the opposite side.

1 Like

Did you receive a tracking number before it shipped?

Yeah, I noticed that also. Not too sure what it means. I’m thinking it’s just USPS way of covering themselves from filing a claim. Lets hope not.

Is this a SpeedDrive R or a SpeedDrive XL?

Carvon never sent me a tracking number prior to shipping.

1 Like

it’s not damaged,my speed drive r flew 5 feet into the and landed first on the speed r and it’s not broken. Show a video of it spining I’ll tell you if it’s cracked. sometimes the sound is the speed ring around it . to break a magnet is pretty impossible. There glued all the way around I know because I did them and have a retainer alone for the magnets to not move. Your header is saying as if it’s our fault the mailman is associated with us and it’s somehow our fault

2 Likes

They are the V4 SD R. I didn’t get the upgrade SD XL.

1 Like

I’m hoping you are right. I’m still going to try to contact Jerry about this. I’m wanting to make sure its ok for me to bench test to see if they are ok. I still stand by my statement that the item was poorly packed. When a heavy item in a box can shift around, the box gets damaged from the inside out.

1 Like

jerry is busy, making drives and so will I Tommorow, let me try to resolve this problem post a video of it spining and I will let you know and I will let jerry know because he will take a while if u email

1 Like

I’m not saying it was a good or bad packing job –

But what I am saying it that’s super-difficult to pack longboard trucks. Even the ones I get from TB and Evolve are in a destroyed box by the time they arrive, with axles sticking out …

2 Likes

Wrapping in bubble wrap usually does the trick. I had the same issue getting a milled truck from @Nowind awhile back.

3 Likes

@Exiledd_Top thanks for still being involved, much appreciated!

2 Likes

I just feel this is kinda wrong and title is misleading but anyways reason why I think this is not cracked is for the fact I have seen v3’s come back to the shop to be serviced for some reason or another and the motor can is bent and beaten the crap out of and the magnets are still intact. the motors themselves are protected by a steel not aluminum but steel can and then motors press fitted in magnets glued and then a magnet retainer that connects all magnets for even more safety and that as well is glued with high resistance glue @cdn

I think you’re replying to the wrong person dude

1 Like

my phone is acting dum because it’s at 4% my bad it is glitching out

1 Like

No worries