CARVON V4 ExoDrive = TorqueDrive -- CLOSED

Yes, we build the adapters in-house. I just got a guy to help me out in CNC, he’s really quick.

I feel like the adapters need to be in-house. The wheel’s core spec changes. We need to be able to adapt to it quickly.

1 Like

Yes you do. your drives started a revolution for eskate

1 Like

Thanks! I love this community, in real life! lol.

I go out and ride as much as I can with the group. Was recently at Ciclavia. Got knocked out in Vegas…haha! I was (and still is) with the veterans at the old endless sphere forum. Met a lot of wonderful people. Lost a kind and gentle soul…

RIP Derek…I miss you bro

12 Likes

@LEVer Sorry, I went direct drive man! It’s not personal. I designed a hub motor setup first but ultimately couldn’t go hub motor it was the wrong design IMO. I wish you all the luck and always have. You’re always a friend in my book whether or not you care. :joy: Keep the passion alive man! Don’t let it phase you.

11 Likes

Awesome, ordered a kegel adapter last week. Looking forward to trying it out.

Aww, man. You know I would have gone off on you like I do on Hummie if I’m pissed. And btw, I do like Hummie too. I think I met him at Oakland Maker Faire long time ago, even though he was being quiet about it haha. We ol’timers are all one happy, crazy and quarreling family. But I’m proud of what “we” all started. Esk8 ON!

11 Likes

Yes, sending tracking now. Just busy training new guy to do CNC, but he’s getting hang of it.

20181205_134842

10 Likes

Are the adapters that came on my v4 XL going to work then or do they not cool effectively? Are we able to send the old adapters in for replacement/exchange for the new ones?

I noticed you said the new adapters will fit a lot better too. Mine fit super loose(I know about the heat shrink, but we are talking about taking up a 2-3mm gap).

This is for ExoDrives, not SpeedDrive XL. I’m not sure if you got the SDXL version with full urethane or the one with the extended wheel adapter.

20180730_221941

You probably have adapters for clone wheels. If you are using ABEC 11 Flywheels, I can replace the adapters you have for Flywheels.

I believe mine are the extended wheel adapters. Heres a photo:

20180914_080010 20180914_080006

Are you using Flywheels?

Are exo drives another drive in your line up or are they torque drives like the title of the thread?

I remember there being confusion when you first had these drives out too. I wonder if this is why.

ExoDrive and TorqueDrive are same. There’s another the SpeedDrive, but this is exo/torque drive.

IMG_5224

Your order has been cancelled! :smiley:

Sorry @dspx

2 Likes

That’ll be funny after I get tracking :stuck_out_tongue:

Welll…it got cancelled ur not going to…sorry kid

told you so, it was bound to happen.

just stop, you know how it went for onloop on the other thread, dont make the same mistake

1 Like

@LEVer Not so eager reading all this back-and-forth arguing. You both innovate - come on @Hummie :wink:

Anyhow - how wide is the ExoDrive? And how big of a fortune do I need to spend to get it to Norway? :laughing:

I haven’t received tracking, was it emailed?