Cell level fuse, what gauge bus wire?

The cells are taped so they shouldn’t be moving around. Also I had to measure voltages to find out a wire was broken, it’s really hard to tell as it still looks like it’s connected sometimes.

You never know, I applied a little adhesive goop to be sure. I do check voltages before every charge. Do the fuse wires break in any general area like at the solder joints or right in the middle of wire, on the bends.

I only have 3 out of the 80 break. however one of them was very stubborn and kept breaking over and over which is why I have two wires on it. it seems to be random where they break but I think it’s most frequently at the solder joint

Still think you should glue down your cells. Anyway just curious would you buy/make a spot welder next time or same method with different wire like silicone. Kind of like this method because with proper technique I don’t think you’ll damgae the cells and I don’t make that many packs to invest in more tools. Spot welder would be nice though

They’ve got that silicone @chaka was talking about here:

I ordered some for my builds. If anyone knows of a less expensive place to buy it, hit me up. The price didn’t seem too unreasonable.

What eswitch is that?

Is hot glue a big no no?

hot glue is fine. you can tack your cells into P groups with hot glue all day long, build your entire pack with it. That’s what i do.

using regular silicone, like the generic 100% clear silicone sealant for doors and windows, to seal a pack into a box seems to be the nono here. There’s evidence that the vapors from the curing silicone can cause corrosion. It does seem to cause some kind of weird condensation on the heat shrink for sure. I’ve stopped using it and started using the 737.

1 Like

DIYES (torqueboards)

it looks like a flyer and a vedder had a baby.