Cell voltage measuring device

Problem is, the balance cable is already connected to the bms, so i cant connect it to the cell reader.

U need parallel adapter / cable for that.

Also it should stay turned on only when charging or when using the board, as these meters tend to suck down first two cells over longer period of time, if u leave it switched on.

I made a seperate thread about these meters a while ago.

In my experience, if cells are healthy they should stay in line with each other. If they are lipo, then yes more monitoring is advised, as they tend to drift a lot more than 18650 and other li ions.

One more extra note. Usually u can only plug up to 8s in one cell meter. So for 10s u would need 2. Though i suspect u have 6s, since u mentioned b6 charger

Similar to that one can be bought for about 10usd, ISdt one costs about 20usd but is better / more sophisticated in my opinion

Yeah, I do have 6s, two 3s’s in series, thank you for all the information I will look into it.

you could always combine a 6 way rotary switch with a cheap lcd panel voltmeter, or get one of those fancy bms’s with BT monitoring

1 Like

Buy some 6s extensions (or whatever size your battery is) and put the voltage checker in parallel. won’t draw much current and will show the right voltage. That’s what I’m doing for my board

3 Likes

@Randyc1 how did you connect your pulley to your SK3 considering they have a round pinion? DM me