Charger charging my battery pack in insanely short amount of time... how is that possible?

i would suggest to just drive in a circle not too far away from you car or home, since i think you will have to push or carry it ^^ did you charge it fully from empty in under an hour?

I had 32% and charged it fully in max 80 min. That plug I have is for 5a max… If it charged with more a it would melt…

NO I had below 30%…

just a wild guess but i will say that battery has 8ah max^^

Yeah, true… But I can go for 60 km with it… And I ride every day… Two days ago I would wait for 20 hours, today I wait for 60 minutes… I am not complaining, just wanna make sure it’s not some obvious case of “You are gonna burn down the house man”

Now I understand why there is no reason for really big battery packs…

mmh still this sounds kinda crazy. well good luck and be careful.

We can use math! Let’s say your battery is using 2500mAh cells. At 4P, that’s 10,000mAh or 10Ah. If you charge at 4A, it will take 2.5h from completely empty to full (10Ah/4A=2.5h). In reality, it will be close to 3h with the charger switching from constant current to constant voltage when the battery is almost full.

You could have an issue with your battery. I’ve had bad cells cause batteries to charge/discharge quicker than normal.

This doesn’t sound good to me, 1 hour for such a huge pack? With a 4A charger that should still be 3h at least. Are you sure your cells are well balanced because that could cause the charger to stop charging when 1 cell reaches 4,2V.

I got a 2A charger and the real charging current is 1.8A and current drops around 4V/ cell For my 10S4P 30Q (11Ah real cap) it takes around 7h from empty to completely full

I would add this to see charging current:

Wattage changes by about 10% at least, based on what voltage your pack is at…

So yeh… otherwise your pack might have lost capacity and now charges up faster

Pardon my ignorance… but the fact that this battery was left untouched for a year it means something, no? Side effects for the long time it sat there, what about memory effect? Is possible with this batteries? He mentioned after 100% charge, battery show 93% right away? isn’t this degraded memory effect?

You can store liions that long even fully charged without major negative effects. The capacity will still be at around 80% compared to 96% at nominal voltage. Source: https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_store_batteries There is also no “memory effect” - that was before lithium batteries. It is obviously better to keep them at their nominal voltage but you make it sound like it’s the most ridiculous thing in the world to have them fully charged.