Charging 2 6s batteries in series

it says i can go up to 5 amps

It can. Depending on battery voltage.

50w charger charging a 6s battery 25v. 50/25=2a

1 Like

what if i use more than a 50w charger

Then more amps. My 750w power supply can do up to 6s at 30a roughly. Which is more than enough for one battery.

ah ok got it thanks

Buy a 5 dollar bms an bypass discharge and you live happy

But with a larger charger and a parallel charge board you can charge your like batteries together and faster

i cant find a cheap 12s bms anywhere

can i run 4-5 amps off this one https://www.amazon.com/Selectec-12-Volt-Power-Supply/dp/B009ZZY28M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511736355&sr=8-3&keywords=6+amp+dc+power+supply

My charger.

Still limited to charging 6s max. Just connect in series on the board

wow what are you using as a power supply

I believe it’s from a computer server

1 Like

oh ok also anyone know of a cheap 12s bms

I use an cheap used 203 watt original xbox power supply off ebay with a Charsoon Antimatter 250W from banggood. Because the xbox power supply is only 12v this charger limits max wattage to arround 200w anyway.

Search these very forums. There are some for under $50

Alright thanks

Is it possible to have two 6s in parallell and charge them seperately ? Do you have a soloution for that? I have a schematic for my version, would appriceciate if you could take a look at them .

Just do what i did, but swap the series y adapter for a parallel y adapter? the adapter acts as the loop key. Charge them with a single charger using a parallel charge board.

Or are you try to use 4 batteries?

Im trying to use four batteries, where i want them in 6s2p. And i only have a 6s battery charger, and therefor i would like to charge them seperatly (charge 3s battery in series) and not in parallell.