Charging time seems loooong!

Thanks guys I will take that in to consideration. Hopefully my battery will give me enough range, so I do not need to go all the way to 30 most times. But I think I would Like to be able to If needed once in a while.

@Deckoz what kind of chargeport are you using for your 6A charger? Just a normal dc one or another to be sure to handle the 6A?

I use this charger for my 10S 5Ah pack and it works great! Charging time is around 1h for me

1 Like

Just a regular 2.5mm ID 5.5mm OD DC barrel. I have 16guage wire soldered to the DC jack to the BMS internally…

The charger is just a c300 body with the amps cranked up to 6a, so whatever the charger wire is…it does fine too.

1 Like

Did you change the plug to DC or are you using the one it comes with?

I chose the DC plug

1 Like

I got a 5a charger and used it first time yesterday. It fried the wire from the charging port.

I changed the wire to 18awg and now it works fine. The charging port get warm. I can still hold it, but it is close that I can’t. Nothing else gets even the slightest warm.

I still want to be able to charge faster. So I am thinking of trying out a 7a charger, but I am afraid that the charging port can’t keep up. @Deckoz you use 6a and that works fine for you. Have you checked if the port get warm? And just to be sure you are using such a port right? :

Has anyone tried 7a charger with such a port?

Mine doesn’t get hotter then body temperature, maybe around 100F? I’ve charged it in the sun and the charger and charge cable got hot, but was relatively cool at the plug.

The charge plug on my Evo, was actually the charge plug I made for my vanguard, which was a 10s 5A charger, that board had almost 6000 miles on it and was only a 9Ah battery. I was out of DC plugs when I built the Evo and stole the plug from that battery, and now put almost 1300 miles on the Evo with 13S 6A charger and that original plug from my vanguard.

Like I think I said above, I always use 16ga wire, and never had any issues with heat, or sparking etc.

1 Like