Cheacheap ESC to get ? Flipsky dual fsesc 6.6 do not work

I have bought now 2 f***g dual Fsesc 6.6 from flipsky and both have stop working on one side after a couple ride and 1200$ later

Now im just broke AF…

Anyone know if there is a cheap vesc alternative for my 13s6p dual motor 170kv???

Since i would have to swap the esc’s more often than i ride … I cant beleive nothing esle can do it for cheaps .

I realy need some help getting my board working properly

1 Like

A spinted ubox, DV75/100, or stormcore 100D would had saved you. If you were using 13s on the fs 6.6, it probably burned out.

2 Likes

FSESC 6.6 only work to 12S, not 13S. So you cannot use that battery with a FSESC 6.6.

Do you want cheap, or do you want good?

1 Like

A dual vesc ESC from Trampa is only $300 some thing? The speed controller is not somewhere to save $$. I fried a flipsky before i was done bench testing it for a friends board. Waste of ~$140 unless the board is for a child maybe.

I do not believe vesc is rated to 13s though.

Ok Guys !

Im glad to find this thread bcause no luck since 2020 anywhere

I been building a 13s 6p on the flipsky 6.x dual and I was to understand that 13s on paper should be find … BUT No DONT do it if you’re on a budget … not much support from flipsky as to be expected

Tho it work at first days, after a short time one of the dual side has bricked - this happened 2 time the same way on different vesc boards

Focbox are not available for now and trampa high rated vesc are up to around 1000$ with the costoms and currencies exgange here in Canada.

Now I must se specific vesc software config and more knowledge to limit and handle 13s .

Lastly , the new canadian brand LACROIXBoards offert now a Vesc rated for 18S Li-Ion

Their Stormcore 100Dx model are soon to been available.

“…[Sustained motor current will vary by application and environment but our testing has shown excellent thermal performance at settings up to 100 max motor amps per motor and the controller is capable of sustaining 80 motor amps for a period of several minutes without external cooling.]”

With those config recommendations :

So maybe there’s hope for us to find a 13s build configuration

Have you got experience with those stormcore?

There are many that has. I own a maker x DV6. The stormcore was not available during my search so I never got it. It doesn’t run 13s like the DV75/100 does. But It’s pretty sturdy and had it for 3 years now.

They’ve wrote “LIPO” on the spec sheet … will it work with Li-Ion?

Yes. It will work with li-ion.