Cheap anti spark kill switch idea. will it work?

nah it will work. so what he does is hold down the button with the resistor that connects the circuit preventing any spark when he switches the breaker on. that way the points on the breaker dont wear out. @nimbuskate 's solution will work perfectly. oh wait… did he not end up doing that?? how did he go from a really elegant solution to cutting an XT90 in half?

Only works if he cuts the connector with the resistor on one side and the matching socket on the other side i think. Otherwise you´ll have a constant flow and no spark will be surpressed

I liked the breaker, resistor and push button from the OP, that would work well for higher than 6S. hell for 6S you wouldnt even need the resistor.

and I dont see any reason for cutting the connector in half.

On my 6s with the Xcar i´m not using an antispark neither. I think most Car Esc won´t have any problem with a little 6s spark. Same thing for the connectors - I´m using 5,5mm bullets and they are totaly fine after lot´s of sparky zipps :slight_smile: I´d be much more carefull with higher voltage and vesc though!

I cut the xt90 in half so it didnt take more force to plug it in… lol

i cut the xt90 in half so only the negative is connected only… the positive side is still unpluged.

sound like you have to to some workout mate :grin: Think about if it´s too lose it will come of with a few vibrations. Better to have it sit tight

I didn’t find the XT90-S hard to plug in myself… I do agree with @TarzanHBK that it should be tight though, you don’t want tit coming unplugged mid-ride.

If anyone else is looking at this, I’ve had a 100A fuse exactly like nimbuskate for 2 years, at 8s, no anti-spark, and it’s totally great (and cheap!). BUT: that red switch fell off the little nub it’s attached to. It’s only held on with friction. If you buy a similar unit, pull the switch off (not the button), add glue, put it back. You also need to spray the mechanism with air regularly or it won’t spring back to the off position without some coaxing. It’s cheap for a reason.