Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

@Maxid can you please advise where you put the beads? Is it in the tyre or in the tube?

Thanks for your input. By the way I have found this company for anyone is Australia www.abcbeads.com.au

I haven’t bought any but it’s the only company i could find selling them in Australia.

I found these guys but I cannot confirm if they work or not: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

In the tube - they need to be able to move freely in order to work. It takes some time though without the proper tools.

1 Like

What quote did you get for the pulley and the adapter?

Only looked at the pulley which was $15 for raw materials, not sure how much shipping is

I decided that weights would mean I could use puncture sealing gloop in my tubes where the pearls need dry tubes…

how about both in one? Apparently.

1 Like

Wow. Check out the mark up!

3 Likes

Holyshit. This is pretty much why this hobby is so expensive. Unreasonable markups :frowning: One can find reasonably priced motor mounts(thanks to @dickyho), blanks decks, battery pack one can assemble economically. But motors and wheels have crazy markups.

@dickyho, please help us get some decent motors for less :pray:

1 Like

I’m on less than £90 for all four wheels, including 2 vex pulleys and Pom adapters!

4 Likes

I do have cheap 6 inch wheels setup for sell, just the USA tax policy have been very strictly agains china products, I already have some heavy packages got detained by the custom. so I still not post the set on sell yet…

3 Likes

tbh, when it comes to motors they are expensive because of copper and laminate sheeting, if u wanna cheap out on a motor be my guest, but dont be surprised when it fails, or u melt ur windings

as for everything else. time isnt free. even if i charge you my states min wage/hr (7.25) u are still looking at almost 400USD for a 10s5p 30Q pack and thats with me profiting MAYBE 30$ (not including power switch) and thats just the cells being welded, the bms (charge only), and the misc materials needed to make a QUALITY pack

@dickyho can you show us your 6inch wheels ect? As far as i know there shouldnt be problems shipping to EU right?

yes, no problem to ship to EU. 587E6B367AFD7F9A215D60E8A497102D 9251552C311BA8501012267996DAAA20 BEF20861EFC1894D73BE672CFB60DD54

9 Likes

are those your flywheel pulleys?

no, this 44T pulleys, I was specially made for this wheel.

Those tires are different than all of those 6 inch cheap ones? They look different. Can you post more pictures of them and rims? What is the price?

1 Like

this wheel I selected quality is very good. aluminum rim and hub in one piece. the whole set without motors need 115us+shipping

IMG_20180902_174655 IMG_20180902_174702 IMG_20180902_173644 IMG_20180810_161041

11 Likes

Those are airless? :frowning:

Did you buy the pulleys directly from Vex robotics? When i checked they only offered Fedex shipping to my location and it was over 100USD as I am outside the US. I sent them an email but no reply.