Cheap chargers with customizeable end-of-charge voltage

nope, didnt see the need for it, I rarely get below 34-35V on most of my tours. if you check hg2 discharge curves youll know that it cant be much im missing out on anyway:

1 Like

sorry if this has been posted already, but has anyone seen this? looks good for our usage.

1 Like

i saw that before but giving it a second look now it’s pretty awesome. The one big missing part to complete awesomeness would be rectifier so it could go in the wall and get ac. otherwise all it’s potential …how can you get it? I dont know much about rectifiers or maybe it needs an inverter i forget. if anyone knows how to do it I’d like to get this. huge output power beyond anything and also at 50.4 volts

I’ve been eyeing this as well I think you just need a DC power supply with enough Amps and bellow the voltage you’re charging to

Is there something you’ve found that would be a good match? A power supply that can do a lot to match this thing’s possible output? And cheap? Maybe not the full potential of this but 400watts at least

I have two computer supply that I use for my power lab 6 that push can easily push 20 amps at 12v or 24v combined. I think one would suffice and i got them on sale both for like $50 on ebay

2 Likes

In your comment you say charger can be ajusted between 40.5 and 43v … then you go on saying also to 46V ??

Is there something other than the Potentiometer that must be done to get to 46V ??

@Randyc1 This isn’t my text, it is text I translated from the website (originally in German) for everyone’s reference. My interpretation is that the potentiometer alone can be adjusted adjust to modify the final voltage of the charger. The company states that you can reach 46V but you must “inquire” about how to do so.

If we could find out how to get to 45V that would be great, we could potentially go to 11 S battery, if needed!

Wonder if whitepony can get the info from them since that is where he bought his ?

i felt like that poti was adjustable only in a small bias area, 40.5V - 43V sounds reasonable, but i havent checked. also i wont check, cause I put a big blop of loctite to secure the poti position! :yum:

write the guy from groetec, he is a really nice guy who loved talking about batteries and everything around that! :slight_smile:

Does he speak english ?

Ive bought 2 btw

Just recieved 2 Modiary chargers, I had contacted the company,… asked them about the End voltage Mod i wanted to do , and to my suprise, they Ajusted them for me to 41V !

Thanks for the tip Whitepony!

2 Likes

Hmmm?,… it is charging to correct voltage but green light is not going on ?

Edit:…all good ,…green light just came on !!

Perfect!

3 Likes

@Randyc1 Did you contact Modiary through Alibaba? I couldn’t find anything with a reasonable amount of minimum orders. All are >20 pieces minimum order.

Contact Modiary directly at [email protected]

2 Likes

Thank you for the hint with the chargers, I was able to find the Mean Well MW CLG-150-48A for a quite low price on ebay. Seller accepted my offer for 30 euros.

According to a topic in a german e-bike forum the voltage can be adjust as low as 39,62V - so it would be perfect for 10S+. It has max 3.5A so it`s not that fast with charging, but reasonable in my opinion

I am planning to build a custom 10S pack myself - yet quite unsure if it is really okay/safe to go the route without a bms. (but atleast would include the wiring for it, to rebalance maybe at some point later)

1 Like

Does anybody know a reason why this combination should not work to charge a battery with bms?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GFVI6R6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_j3lRxb0CND1GD

No repsonse means that this is gonna work?

buy a supply that’s already rated at the output you want instead of trying to up convert it.

The idea is to have one charger for multiple boards with a good amperage rating. It is inconvenient if you have a charger for 6S, 10S and 12S. (at least the price)

Edit: I also want to set my voltage to xS - 1V for longer battery life :wink: