Cheap DIY 12S balance charger idea

All china bms working with xiaoxiang app (yellow elephant) I guess there are only 2 different smart bms on the market, the one with yellow elephant app and the one with big SPI screen and the app is called vmax or something…

That’s the one then. I mean one that works with the xiaoxiang app.

1 Like

Any chance you are posting the code? Which display driver you you have? ili9341? Did you figure out the bms lock/unlock function? Would like to attach a display + button…

Yes, I’ll make the code available, but I want to do some polishing first. Probably some time next week. It uses this display driver: https://github.com/Nkawu/TFT_22_ILI9225

Currently I can only read data from the BMS. I can’t control it or change settings. That part of the protocol is not documented so I would have to reverse engineer it.

1 Like

:heart: thanks!

Damn, that is the version/driver for 176x220 TFT screens…I got (and used so far) Ili9341 based displays since they got 240x320px and are available from 2.2" to 2.4" till 2.8".

Still one step ahead of me^^

There is a documentation? Some time ago I found a threat on ES forum where someone logged the protocol, but I couldn’t find it right now.

This guy already managed it GitHub - smagicld/xiaoxiangBMS: iOS app for Xiaoxang BMS But no dokumentation or real sourcecode…

1 Like

You can download a zipped Excel file from this page: Download Center – LLT POWER ELECTRONIC

Yeah, I know. We can try getting in touch with him and ask about the secret formula for writing into the BMS. :smile:

1 Like