Cheap mountainboard school full diy

My teacher is asking why i need a 2450W motor. And now i need to defend this. Is there any reason so many use touringy sk3 6364. The guy Who made an Electric longbord 5 tears or so before me had a 1000w motor and fell off becouse the board shot forward. What did he do wrong. The think its too powerful.

They are powerful, but they are widely used to have some headroom too. Power also greatly depends on programming of the esc and the rest of your drive train. High torque motors are normally used because you want your board to do whatever you throw at it, including going uphill for example. Of course you don’t need one per se, but they are widely used because of that. Also, the motor wattage will not be reached normally.

The start up acceleration is something to get used to or fine tune out in the esc. The problem in Belgium is that you’re legally only allowed to go 18km/h max so those motors are going to be difficult to explain.

I, for one, love the torqy feel at startup.

1 Like

the wattage rating isnt an accurate measure of power. It takes alot of amps and demand by the ESC for the motor to really “flex” like that. simply explain that its a motor used by alot of hobbyists and that it certainly not use that much

it all depends on the battery you use and the ESC. His issue sounds like he either had a funky reciever / board was over powered / hes a n00b

an IRL anecdote would be how I have a 10s5p 50a pack, and I set my vesc to 35 battery amps, 75 motor amps and would pull in the range of 600-800 on a full load hill, depending on the speed you hit the hill at :thinking:

1 Like

Can You Read the values out of an vesc. I am looking to monitor the usage of the board voltage and ameperage. I. Have seen some vescs that are connected to an app so it should be possible. But are this some models or van evey vesc do this? 1 am looking to use the touringy esk8 vesc.

You’ll be able to do it with the Turnigy sk8 esc without problem. I tested it with the sk8’s with a bluetooth module and Ackmaniac’s FW and mobile app.

Are the ones from touringy real vesc’s? Can You Get all the values from. The vesc voltage speed current. Would You be able to help with this?

yes, you can even run FOC on them (only tested 10s though)

What is FOC?

https://enertionboards.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002853114-What-is-FOC-mode-