CHINESE BUILD: 10S3P | Maytech VESC | Maytech 6374 190kV mono drive | BOOSTED BOARD Deck | 97mm Wheels | Winning remote

Your build looks really good! Very clean. Good luck with respraying the text.

Yes it’s 10S3P, it’s quite compact I suppose. So far the battery indicator seems to be accurate. No complaints on it yet.

Right I have an issue! Does anyone know what could be causing this sound? It’s a sort of a raspy sound that momentarily comes in at higher RPM only. It seems as if it happens as I cross a certain RPM. Only came today while riding, I’ve probably only done about 10km. Any ideas? Should I be concerned? https://youtu.be/i5MMdhEQquM

Thank you

Weird sound in the mid of the speed. Should email ask maytech whats going on.

My friend using maytech as well. Never hear have this problem.

@XIII seems to have a similar issue with his motor (different brand). But will email Maytech in the next few days and see what’s up…

Grip tape done

7 Likes

Hey man have you done a range test ? I am still deciding between 10s3p and 10s4p… I’ll use the same cells as yours and nearly the same setup.

Hey :slight_smile: I wonder how did you set up your maytecch vesc? I’ve been updating my build using the fvt esc from the store where you bought the wheels. You used you battery to power it right? I have 2 6s battery and planning to connect as 12s, yet idk if i can use it to power up the maytech vesc.

Well, in terms of current draw I definitely think 10s3p is more than you need @ 60A. If it’s your first build I think you’d be pleasantly surprised with the performance and range of 10s3p. I haven’t had a chance to actually test range yet as it has been wet for the past week, but I’m sure others on the forums have reliable stats as it’s a common combo.

If you can afford the extra cost and space, go for 4p (the more the merrier), but personally I think 3p is a sweet spot and I wouldn’t go any higher if I was building it again.

I can’t send you screenshots of my exact settings right now as my VESC is sealed up in the enclosures. But it’s basically: Motor Max: 60A Motor Min: 45A Batt Max: 45A Batt Min 12A

I used to have the batt max @ 60A but it is just too much power for me to comfortably handle for the moment. Some people report to have issues with Vescs in general @ 12S, but I’m not the one to ask about that.

Right so that motor screeching sound that I mentioned last week… I haven’t been able to take out the board since because of the wet weather, but I was messing around with it in the house yesterday and the motor gave up! Out of nowhere the magnets loosened up and began rubbing against the motor windings. Take a listen for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgq_bnqFD4

You can see the scratches on the magnets in the image. They’ve loosened slightly.

Fixing it would be a messy and risky job (for me at least). I’ve contacted Maytech this evening so I’ll see what they have to say. Will post some updates then… :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Hey there, love the build!!! Thumbs up, can i ask that how that winning remote perform?? Good , any dropout, connection lost, delay???

I have had very little actual usage before the motor got mucked up. But so far I am very, very happy with the remote. You just have to set it up correctly. Make sure that the coasting fail safe is set up (so that it will coast instead of brake when it looses connection for long periods of time. I also have it set up so that it will maintain it’s throttle position for 400ms after the connection is lost so it can reconnect. But with normal riding conditions this has never even been a problem because the connection is really good. If you are 10 meters+ away from the board, you will notice lag, but nobody rides in those kind of conditions anyway. People have reported issues with connectivity at low battery, so I’ve kept mine charged pretty well, so it’s something to be cautious with. So overall, this controller has been amazing for me so far. In the past others have reported problems with the controller, but since the summer Winning have made some alterations (like expanding the antenna inside) that have helped fix connectivity issues. 5/5 would recommend!

2 Likes

Loving the thread, please keep us informed of your progress

1 Like

UPDATE! Maytech actually replied to my email! They’re going to take it back and repair it for me. Hope they don’t mind that I’ve disassembled it. Will post some updates on how it goes.

they take how long to repair?

I think they might just send me a replacement. I’m struggling to get the bloody thing off my motor mount, problems with high strength loctite! Going to borrow a heat gun tomorrow to try and help free it up so I can unscrew it. Once I send it out to them they’ll probably brief me on the procedure. I think they’re actually going to send me a replacement instead of repairing it. Even better!

Incase you want to know if it was replaced I would put a light scratch somewhere or a marking if you don’t have one on it.

1 Like

Oh believe me, I have plenty :wink: A lot of the paint from the mount has transferred over to the motor (plus some other identifiable nicks. It’s awfully generous of them to take it back like this. I really praise Maytech for their customer support so far.

2 Likes

It really is a right nightmare trying to remove this motor from the motor mount without breaking anything… I’ve worn down the allen key holes, so I’m thinking about filing the screw head inwards so I can grip it with a vice grips and uncrew it. I’ve used high strength loctite. Apparently heating it to 250°C melts the loctite for easy removal, but I’m a little concerned about whether the motor can withstand that kind of temperature…!

Anyone got any other suggestions/tips for removing the high strength loctite without destroying the motor or mount?

1 Like

Can you fit a larger Allen wrench into it or does the hole look like a circle?

Does the bolt have a countersunk hole into the mount? Worst case, I would say you’d have to drill it out with a much smaller bit