Choosing the right <31" deck (w/ large enough wheelbase)

what you talking about I’m enjoying this! :smiley: I just can’t wait for this board to get released

1 Like

I think you could start with make some drawing layout for setup needed, measure everything before you buy them (battery, esc/vesc, motor mount, etc). then you can decide which deck you can work with unless you already decide the deck you want. Jet spud very recomended for short deck, you can find many setup in this forum. With dual motor i think @eboosted will be great for your reference to start with.

2 Likes

How about SPUD X :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:point_up_2: Also why the battery is one of the first parts to decide on as it heavily influences the deck space required.

The kicked potato? :potato:

@boogiewookie I use 2x 5s lipos in series with a Vesc and a single TB 6374 motor on a Sector 9 short board and it works pretty great.

collections/battery-enclosures/products/2x6s-rc-lipo-battery-enclosure

the thing is I wouldn’t mind that setup except I want something sleak and the danger of a Lipo is something I don’t want to deal with especially for my first board yk. maybe in the future I’d do it for an extreme budget board, but for the first one I’m not afraid to spend an extra couple bucks to build this thing

1 Like

Floatato :rofl:

The Jet Spuntink

Just instal a bms with it, that’s what I do and it works like a charm

http://dev.bustinboards.com/craft9875-skateboard-details This deck is pretty sick. Might be a touch too long though. Also, have you considered an old school skate Deck re issue as an option? Such fun boards to ride. Usually meeting your wheel well and length parameters. I used an old cab deck and I freaking love it. image

1 Like

Moonshine sidkick it’s 34 with a kick and plenty of wheel base options…i was in the same boat as you love 30inch decks wanted the Spud too…got a lanyatchz pug boat and turbo bird for a lil commuter board … but then I got one of these and fell in love…super light and very stable as it’s a DH race and freestyle sliding weapon of fun…light very and stable at speeds if your familar with riding down hill…not to aggressive concave great for actually riding for amount of time it has a slick ass rocker to the board for pushing and feeling much lower then the usual top mount decks…I have the 39 outlaw now and the rocker is like a 45km carving pocket on my carvon speed drive build… black one is the 34 sidkick white one is the original 39 outlaw …I know to long … just showing the shape of it to reference from. Both decks are the same like Landy with the Evo and and mini evo falcon …30 to 34 is not much of a difference couple inch each side and it opens a world of different decks to choose from with great wheel base options…just a thought I was once there…I’m a older now and don’t trick skate and I thought I liked shorter but I’m starting to like longer is more fun with the right set ups…20180625_060710 20180621_124635 IMG_20180902_111140IMG_20180902_110411IMG_20180902_111647

3 Likes

I’ve been eyeing a few moonshine decks Can’t pick one

2 Likes

@Skunk I can’t stop buying them…next i was thinking the spirit carbon…the black sidkick blink s2 mod has hit a wall full throttle 20mph weights at 18 did one and half back flip and didn’t even chip the nose…they are strong as fuck…from there on I was like why these technology in the boards were not around when I was trick skating …like the Powell flight technology a car can run over them they don’t break…to be young dumb and full of cum again …

1 Like

Skateshred has some blanks that might work:

https://www.skateshred.com/wholesale-blank-longboard-decks/old-school-blank-deck-pool.html (a little bit longer, but wide)

I dig the look of the Moonshines and I even saw a build from @Eboosted with the dope enclosure. that thing is sexy dude but the price of the deck is jus auughhh $200? I can’t afford to spend that much on a deck lol

I KNOW it ruthless …but you pay for what you get @boogiewookie I payed 280 taxed to death by canada and I have to tell you It’s worth every penny when it hits a wall or curb when being cut off by a biker or car…or the friend or family member loses control falls and woods it into a curb on you …like me …lol…and still sitting there perfect…now that 100 buck board won’t be just turned onto a 200 plus buck board cause it has no nose …and these boards are 100%water proof also…you can’t beat them for a solid ass waterproof and curb proof e-sk8 build …I’ve broken enough decks in my day …I go for the toughest fucker around now that I’m done with wasting my hard earned money… especially with eskate…they are not cheap to begin with even the junk diy china kits can be 700 bucks…your gonna spend a grand easy for a good set up…200 gonna stop you…it shouldn’t if you want good stuff you have to pay… just save and buy a piggy bank for your e-sk8 fund…just my 10 cents …most advise is don’t be shy to go a couple inch bigger then 30 you won’t notice the couple inch but you will have a shit pile of more options on good quality decks to choose from and your wheel base will be much better for higher speeds unless your a good down hill racer and have lots of ankle control then rock the shorty… cheers

2 Likes

I just tested the enclosure with inwards 6354 motors and the motor mounts are too close to the floor on 85mm caguamas, if I adjust the mounts to the top there is not enough clearance with the enclosure, so I thing moonshine enclosures will have to be modified before shipments.

It isss I’ve looked into buying one of the moonshines or the loaded boards just because of all the praise out here on this sub. I’ve actually never skateboarded in my life so yeah it’ll be interesting to see how I do from 4 years of snowboarding. Especially because I’m a new boarder and all I would love a sturdy deck that’s prone to hitting the curb, but don’t you think there are diminished returns? I get how with a long board you’d get the added flex and the quality is on point in the $200 price point, but for a 30 something inch board you think it’d be worth spending the extra couple hundred on it? cause right now I’m at about $900 with the bare essentials I probably need a power switch ,a charger, etc. so it’d end up being $1000 anyway.

Here is the spreadsheet if you’d look over it. maybe I should go for a couple inches longer than 30" I jus wanna be able to hold it by my side when I walk into a store yk. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TIQIjXJbjDPfJwsWoxdaE9PetyvwL6gBBGicHKTTdlY/edit#gid=0

what’s the difference between dev.bustinboards.com and bustinboards.com dev.bustinboards seem to have lower prices and a lot more choice. I just looked at the Bustin Spliff what do you think of that one? It’s 31" with 20" of wheelbase looks super nice too Here’s the link : http://dev.bustinboards.com/spliff-longboard-details