Choosing the right motor-battery-setup

I finally decided that I want to build my very own electric skateboard. I have done quite a lot of research already, but I have never done anything like this and I am a complete noobie to electronic stuff. I will be extremely grateful for any helpful answers. As I am on a relativly tight budget I am going for a single motor build for now. But I want to keep my options open and make it as easy for me to upgrade in the future as possible. As I am from europe my options are quite limited, because I don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars for customs. This is my current build:

I am going for the Unik Single Mount(Core or Smart didn’t figure that out yet). https://www.unikboards.com/fr/categorie-produit/diy-kit/single-kit/ Whenever I want to upgrade I can just buy another kit.

For the Motor I was planning to go for Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364 245KV I am not completely sure about the KV yet. I know that i won’t be able to fit another one in the future.

For the VESC i am going for the one from UNIK as well.

Caliber 2 Trucks and UNIK wheels

Battery setup: I plan on using the Zippy 5000mah 2S1P, because they are much slimmer. I have no idea yet on how to approach this. If I wan’t 6S and 10000mah, I will need 6 of those batteries right (3 in series and 2 in parallel)?.

As I said I am completely new to electronics. I especially have no idea when it comes to making an external charging port, a battery indicator and an on-off switch work. Does anyone have something like a blueprint of their setup? So i can figure out how Stuff has to be connected.

1 Like

Your battery concept is correct. You may want to be careful with your motor size as since you want to go dual later on you will need to go with a smaller motor size. <<<^^^(Hopefully someone can verify this here). What are your goals as for usage of the skateboard? (Hills/speed/flats)? You still need a type of ESC, recommended is the VESC.

Yeah I know that i won’t be able to fit another one of those motors in the future. Mostly for city use and some hills but not that steep hills… Yeah I will get the VESC from Unik

You need 6 of those. I recommed to use 3s 5000mah batteries instead. You need only 4pcs and those are 30mm thick or something so you can still build stealthy looking board.