Circuit Board - LCS development platform

Originally I was going to do pointer throttle, index brake… but I would have been giving everyone the bird during throttle… lol

1 Like

It’s not much comparatively but I have about 6 hours of riding time now. 15 minutes was prior building a board…

1 Like

my main thing is trying to make sure i can still give the skater hand sign while riding without it screwing with my controls image

3 Likes

If u remember please post. It’s an amazing idea and I have been looking for something like this

Cool idea. Needs a groceries mode where you can control the throttle while holding a bag of groceries.

Please keep in mind this is all prototype. I still have a ton of work to do before anything is operable at a level I’m comfortable sharing. I’m thinking an arduino may not be best suited for what I’m looking to do in terms of data throughput so the platform may change.

I got the e-ink displays up and running and pushed a custom graphic. The arduino only has enough RAM to write graphics in chunks and that poses a problem as the display takes about 15 seconds to update the whole screen whereas a 32bit system can push the graphic in one shot.

Also got the new parts from diyelectricskateboard today. :drooling_face:

AS150’s

The antenna wire came off the traxxas reciever so he’s just gonna hang out here till I head back into work tomorrow…

1 Like

Give the RX a little hair cut and tidy up the rest. Part the center to the right… (sorry traxxas)

I solve a lot of water intrusion problems with liberal use of heat shrink and zip tie…

I really love these displays. Can’t get enough of them…

4 Likes

Oh man, subbed, just to watch the lessons

2 Likes

Fresh Lesson!

So a few weeks ago I was being stupid again and dismantled my first 6355. Putting it back together I managed to snap the casing down on the inside of my hand. That was a fun 45 seconds whacking a motor trying to get it to release my hand. And then another 10 minutes of fun and lots of pain. LESSON LEARNED.

An hour of rumaging through parts yielded this thing:

I can now safely assemble my motors without hurting myself and also smacking the magnets off the hub.

5 Likes

Must say I’m very happy with the runout.

1 Like

Oh man ya that sucks. I had that happen too. It’s amazing how much that stings.

1 Like

Managed to revive the first ESC/Motor pair I purchased and converted to a dual motor setup.

The first ESC I got from Torqueboards decided to wipe its memory for some reason after the first day of trials. Not sure why, my only thought is behavior typical of chinese knockoff semiconductors but I don’t know torqueboards manufacturing process whether it be internal or outsourced. Long story short, got mad at Vedder for not running the boot pins to jumpers instead of hardwiring them as he did, had the boot1 pin snap off, and at this point I already had another ESC in the mail. This guy went to the side while I waited for the need for both working ESCs and for the 3 genuine ST uC samples to come in the mail.

A bit of hotwork and the ESC is back up and operational. Linked over CAN, must say I love the board even more. Must say NOT having the board shoot out from under me when I lift up the drivewheel is magical.

DOC BROWN OUT

3 Likes

New wheels from MBS. So far so good, a bit slippery in the dirt but hey it’s in the dirt… which I end up in frequently taking turns…

2 Likes

I’ve finally had some time to step away from other projects and update the LCS glove to the next revision. Purchased a sewing kit just for this :wink:

Overall sensor guide layout:

I used a soldering iron with a fine point tip to make the holes around the mount:

Zee resultz:

Graphing the raw ADC data from each sensor reveals how the data will respond to operator input. I can build a software mechanism to make this work… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Last 10 seconds Edward scissor hands :joy:

Is that a wolf hybrid in your pics?

If your hand control stops working, will you have another remote as an option?

I was thinking aboot this last night. I think it would be wise to implement redundant radios (two sets of trancievers transmitting the same data, if both recieved data packets are different, fault the system) but yes the PPM input will be wired through a NC relay to a standard reciever input. The board installed electronics will have to drive the relay to switch the VESC PPM input over to uC control.

Max is pure siberian husky albeit a biggun… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Very cool idea, that emergency stop gesture freaks me out though lol

“Oh look Mary is taking out the trash. ‘Hi, Mary!,’”

crash

Interested to see how this progresses though. Who doesn’t love a good Powerglove??

2 Likes

Just to be clear, under no circumstances will the board ever just STOP.

I see no reason for everything BUT throttle being disabled in the event of anything that might cause you to get knocked off the board.

AGAIN

E-STOP != INSTANTANIOUS STOP OF BOARD E-STOP = NO THROTTLE

2 Likes