Close topic. 1 Hour wasted

no both uses 10awg, 14awg is not acceptable… in a house

or both use 12awg i dont remeber off of the top of my head

14 is the most common as it is the minimum needed by US building safety code. Source incoming, 1 sec

no ones stupid enough to do that

heck i could use a xt30 and im pulling 60a and the xt30 would do just fine, oh btw thats the minimum

Every house here has that. Did you forget about breakers? A 15a breaker will run 14awg and no more. Otherwise you use a bigger breaker

https://www.hunker.com/13414164/what-gauge-wire-should-i-use-for-lights-and-outlets

thats not true

also this has been discussed many times on the rc fourms

“Higher voltage looks better because current is lower so less heating”

You can just google it. Both my grandfather and father were electricians (my father only for a few years) 14awg is a 15a breaker and 12awg is a 20a. A common refrigerator can run on a 15a safely

my grandfather also a electrician, just because your parents were a electrican it does not make you smart (to everyone) heck i can be dumb… :joy:

heck i can run a household on 16awg if i wanted, cause 16awg can handle 15a…

Thats an entire different argument, it is true though. You will be pulling the same wattage but at higher volts which means less heat. But if pull 60a at 50v vs 60a at 2v there is 30x more power lost to heat in your wires/connectors

No sane person would deny this, its literally day 1 in an electrical engineering program. Ohms law proves me right.

hey you just proved your own argument to be wrong

you dont understand ohms law then, everything has a limit… at a cetian point volts will penetrate though insulation

Yes 16 awg ofc can handle it, but you will lose voltage to the long runs of wire thanks to the th resistance of the smaller wire. This is not difficult. Theres 1000x sources saying 14 is the minimum for a 15a 110v circuit, and 12 is the minimum for 220 15a. I can cite more sources including goverment ones

the Resistance only increases when you put lots of current though it.

now can we stop arguing, i still gotta finish batman vs superman (yes im late) im only 57m into the movie when i got interuped

Theres nothing ro misunderstand about it. Its is extremely simple. And ofc volts will penetrate anything if high enough, but thats completely irrelevant to this atm

this argument has been going on for yhears, its like saying the argument its the volts that kills you and not the amps

Ooooooh no it does not. Measure the resistnce of 24awg across 10ft vs 12awg at 10ft. Theres a massive difference

not if you run 1a though it, the resistance will be close

now let me finish my goddamn mother f-in movie :rofl:

Unrelated, but its 90v to penatrate dry skin and a minimum of 3milliamps to stop a heart. Thats absolute worst case scenario…

heck ill happily put my tongue on 90v even though it’ll be painful