College Beater Board

So thanks to this forum just about half of my college application is about electric skateboarding (I literally wrote my essay on it). I’m in the process of applying and all of the colleges that I’m looking at have a pretty vibrant skate culture.

When I actually get shipped off to school, it’s not likely that I’ll be able to bring my beautiful Atom Camper with me, so I’ll leave that at home for summer fun. In the meantime though, I’ve gathered many spare parts around my garage and found that I have enough to put together a really nice beater board for getting from class to class.

Here’s progress so far:

image image image image

I’ll get some nicer pictures later when I’m done slow charging my old Chiboards 6s batteries back to life.

In the meantime, go support me here so I can get some nice stickers for this thing :laughing:

Thanks!

9 Likes

i like that 3dprint!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! Got the files from @FLATLINEcustoms ages ago

1 Like

If you wanna build a dual I have some used motor mounts you can have.

7 Likes

Thanks for the offer! I actually want to keep this one light for easy carrying, so I’ll stick with single.

I’d say send those motor mounts towards @chris.hunt

3 Likes

Thanks man if I could get those that would be awesome and much appreciated. @mmaner

They would be for caliber and caliber clones correct?

1 Like

I believe so. I’ll gather them up tonight and send you some pics.

4 Likes

@mmaner always pushing forward the community with his great generosity.

5 Likes

:pray: Thank you.

4 Likes

After 3 years my Chiboards batteries may finally be done…

Battery 1: 4.1 4.1 4.1 4.1 4.1 3.9

Battery 2: 4.1 4.1 4.1 4.1 4.1 3.6

damn it Chris. I thought you quit. going down the rabbit hole again!?

1 Like

I didnt forget about you, just ran into some work problems and didnt get out of here until almost midnight. Ill get you tonight.

yup but don’t really have much to spend gonna try piece together what I can.

2 Likes

All good man, thanks for communicating with me.

1 Like

This community is how the world should run

2 Likes

If the cells where not below 2.5v before you charged them, then maybe they can be saved with a manual ballance.

They might have bit lower capacity then the rest but should still be usable if you know that.

Yes I know, they’ve been balance charging for a few hours now but it seems that my charger likes to stop when it deems the total battery average to be acceptable rather than all of them completely balanced. Either way I could just remove the last cell for two 5 cell batteries if need be.

Do you have anyway to charge just the low cells individually? That’s what I would do. With like a hobby charger that can do 1s, or just a usb lithium 1s charger.

Well they’re all in the individual shrink-wrap which I don’t really want to take off unless I have to. I guess I’ll do that as last resort.

no worries, just PM’d you the info.

1 Like