College Makeover or Drop out | Loaded Dervish Deck Flex 2 | Single 6374 149 kv | Belt drivetrain | Enterion Caliber Trucks | 12s2p | Single 4.12 TB Vesc | Marcmt88 Single Mount | Riptide Sports Bushing | Metr Pro Bluetooth

In college, I pushed around a Loaded Dervish longboard deck with Paris trucks and 76mm wheels. It was a lot of fun going to class/cafeteria/etc flying by classmates.

The deck weighs 2.75 lbs, 41.5” long, and 8.5” wide. It has a lot of flex (Flex 1: 170lb -230lb / Flex 2: 100 lb - 180 lbs) with concave and camber. I was a lot lighter in college and I have my doubts about adding a battery pack underneath with this amount of flex.

I saw this Loaded Dervish esk8 deck build on this forum, which gave me some hope.

Loaded Dervish Deck Single 149 kv Turnigy 6374 TB 12s2p Battery Pack / Enclosure TB Vesc 4.12 (updates FW) Metr Pro Bluetooth This remote

After college the board was stored away until I got hit by the esk8 bug. I decided to dust it off and turn it into an esk8 from the various parts I had from past builds and trades.

When removing the old Paris trucks, I stripped the hex bolt. I also stripped two hex bolts on the motor and failed many miserably times attempting to remove them.

I used a torch to heat it up due to previous person using Loctite. On accident burnt the board, which gave it this dark reddish/brownish look. Oops.

I found the best way was to use a dremel and cut it for a Flat screwdriver. I sanded the deck, it came with a spray on grip tape.

2 Likes

Recall my accident torching my board, well I went for it and torched the whole board.

I primed and painted the backside of the deck. I later used shellac to add protective layer.

I set up Metr Pro Bluetooth. It was an easy install.

I added stickers for final touches before the test ride.

First test ride was a fail. I did get some data but overlooked not tightening down motor mount screws. :pensive::joy:

image image image image

5 Likes

I used sorbothane vibration adhesive film on the enclosure as this is a Version 1 TB 12s2p enclosure. I saw topcloud mention it in a previous thread.

The turnigy 6374 comes with 4mm bullet connectors. I Used TB 4mm to 5.5mm extensions to connect to TB Vesc

2 Likes

What gearing, wheel size, motor amps, and battery amps are you using? Any issues with traction? I’ve got a similar build and think I need wider wheels

Gearing is 36T/16T on Abec 90mm clones.

12s2p BMS is rated at 30a continuous and 80a peak amp output

ERPM limit is (12s x 4.2) x (149 kv) x (7 pairs) = (50.4) x (149) x (7) = 52,567 ERPM limit

Motor Max 65a (rated for 70a)

Edit: is this too high?

12s x 3.8 = 44.4 2250/44.4 = ~ 50a

Anyone know what turns mean? 18T for Turnigy 6374

Min -60 Battery Max- 30a Min -10

I’ll need more testing but traction has not been an issue.

This was a fun project but this board is retired. The flex type 2 is too much for my fat ass. It’s too flexy to safely have a battery pack under you.

College Dropout Retired.