Complete build landyachtz evo deck-torqueboards direct drive 75kv motors-12s7p battery- $1000

I found the power button! It had gotten pushed inside. The wheels spin!

Unfortunately the battery is not the 907Wh 12S7P that was claimed. But I’m still happy with the 648Wh 12s6p that it came with.

I already put the power button back in this picture.

One odd thing it does. If I pull the trigger with the board upside down sometimes the motors want to spin the wrong way, and then chatter back and forth a bit. I think I’ve read about this before.

That thing looks a little fried too. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

OK, all the internals were just flopping around in there loose, so I think the power button got yanked out during shipping. I’ve packed some foam and that I had laying around so everything should be nice and secure now.

I also counter sunk the bolts on the deck side.

Just took it for a ride… OH MY FUCKING GOD, THIS THIS IS TERRIFYING! :flushed::flushed::flushed:

I’ve been skateboarding my whole life and am super comfortable on a longboard, even going pretty fast downhill. But this is a whole nother level!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! IT’S AMAZING!!! :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Lol as long as your happy. With all the space you have you could go torqueboards esc6 or a unity.

The chattering your getting is probably from needing a motor config or that esc is fried.

2 Likes

Upon close inspection it looks like your running sensor less which will do the rough start up.

1 Like

Ah yes! Sensorless is definitely the cause of the chatter. What else would sensors allow for?

1 Like

Did you check the things I mentioned? Loctite the axles? Congrats on the purchase. Get a helmet. :metal::call_me_hand:

this so much. and be sweet with the V4 hardware, they’re easy to pop

1 Like

How do I do a motor config? Or check if an ESC is fried? One actually looks kinda fried. I posted a pic above.

I wil loctite the axles! Is there a preferred loctite product?

I was wearing my full face Triple8 DH helmet when I took it for my first ride! :smiling_face: And slide gloves and knee pads.

My buddy was going top speed (19 mph) on his evolve GTR AT, as was riding along side him at about 50% throttle, squeezed it, and burned out! A few seconds later I must have been doing over 30. He said every time I took off it left rooster tails of dust in its wake.

1 Like

What’s v4 hardware? And what’s pop? :sweat_smile::pray:

1 Like

Pop is bad. V4 is what you have for esc. Are both motors running? Running to many amps to v4 makes a happy person a sad person really quickly. Blue loctite is kosher for the axels. Might even go a step better and do green. Don’t use red unless you plan on using fire to take it apart.

1 Like

you strugglin with that remote bro

1 Like

FAFO where ya been buddy?

1 Like

Plug in to vesc tool on your computer. You’ll know If you have a fried ESC… Shit won’t be working. And it’ll probably smell funny. Not funny in a good way either. “Linger, lingering” fuck

Ah! I see. Avoid popping ESCs, got it!

Both motors spin. Very fast I might add. :star_struck:

Ok, I guess it’s time I dive into the VESC tool world. :sweat_smile:

Pretty sure both ESCs are working just fine, but I’d like to be able to experiment with the settings. I already want more power! :rofl:

1 Like

The remote is actually surprisingly easy. It took about 5 minutes to get super comfortable with it even wearing slide gloves.

On a separate note, I have no idea how I’m gonna get this thing to slide. It has so much grip, and it’s so heavy! I guess practice, practice, practice. Maybe I’ll try on slightly loose surfaces, like grass or sandy concrete.

Haha, laughed so hard at this. (Because I speak what I did myself) Avoid poppin, cause the issue is that this will happen when you demand most from the board, so usually in full accelleration. Usually with one or more bodyparts as collateral

2 Likes

Bro, first rule of esk8 is don’t break fuck with a working esk8.

1 Like

How was your experience working with this deck/enclosure? I just received my evo and am about to order my eboosted enclosure ?

1 Like

High welcome to the forum. We frown on evol people​:rofl::rofl:

score