Could this possibly work?

You’re looking for a simple solution to charging ur lipos with one plug is what ur trying to achieve…

You’ll need to install a lipo BMS that can handle the 50.4v and a charger that can charge it …only way to charge with one plug… Otherwise you need to charge parallel and plug each pack in

The best way is with a bms and a (laptop style) smart charger. BMS $80/Charger $30/Female charge plug $2. Then everything can stay in series and you’ll have one simple plug to connect when charging.

1 Like

yea that would work. Extend the balance lead wires I guess. So ud still be using a charger with blancing

1 Like

You can do this - I do it with my 12s setup. I have 2 external balance connectors and I charge one (bank of 6) at a time. but NEVER NEVER NEVER try to charge both banks at the same time. You will generate a lot of smoke.

DougM

I think he could charge and balance both. The series connections would be gone. As long as the charger can do two 6s in parallel

Correct and i have a dual charger that can charge up to 6s pack at the same time even different types of batteries

I don’t know actually - it seems to me that unless you physically disconnect the banks then the ground plane of one is the V plane of the other one, so if the charger is expecting the ground plane for both banks to be the same then that is the smoke of which I speak.

but if you only have a single 6s charger you can just charge the first bank then the second bank. Balancing just means that every cell gets charged to its capacity individually, it isn’t necessary (correct me if I’m wrong) to balance charge all of them at the same time.

I also have a 9s that I do the same thing with - charge 6s first, then charge 3s.

DougM

1 Like

Then just do as @Hummie suggested and extend the balance wires via a balance extention wires…they sell them on eBay and connect that way

1 Like