Crazy build | Foldable Deck | Jacob Hub Direct drive | 12s1p | MBS 100mm

Update: pre-ordered a speed drive xl, yet there wont be another update til next year

Is the clearance too low? IMG_20180605_114759

1 Like

This project is not dead… It was renamed as Project PAXIENT !!

Screenshot_20190228-015501

5 Likes

Wtf man I have this exact same deck at home haha so you did fold it and top mount electronics ?

2 Likes

Yep. Was looking for a micro drop deck but I don’t want to destroy a perfectly good deck should I ever fail. Top mount battery was to deal with the low tolerance between the deck and the ground.

1 Like

True it is pretty low ! How do you deal with the flex ? There’s good amount right in the middle !

I added in extra mdf between the boards so to remain the flex. Locks was installed on both sides of the board to ensure it wouldn’t fold up in the middle of the ride. The battery also serves as a weight the counteract the upward force that the folding up mechanism handles drying the ride. I installed the focbox below the board behind the curve as it isn’t taking that much space.

1 Like

Update: Uni is busy but I spent a bit of time to get it together. Not enough time to tighten everything up for a long run but it’s now good for a few miles

1 Like

can you please send a picture of how you mounted the ESC? I have a similar build done, but without the folding mechanism. I mounted the esc on top of the back trucks, but I’m not happy with that. Also how hard was it to mold the kydex to the battery?