Crazy experiments

This is my crazy idea.

i was pretty close

I got a crazy ideaā€¦ but Iā€™ve actually explained it a few times on this forum already. Build a trailer for your esk8. Enough space for a tent, food, and leave half for a giant ass battery. Iā€™m thinking like 10s 60000mah kind of battery. Then have a solar charger and connect the system with lead acids as backup for chargingā€¦ Connect to board. Go for miles and miles and miles and then camp for a while. I already built the trailer and designed the connector. Just got to get a metal version made and buy a bunch of those cheap eBay batteries. Could cost as little as 1000$ for a decent setup. Still some serious planning to do thoughā€¦ Iā€™m working on it

1 Like

Seeet idea man, would be awesome on a mountain board although for that much stuff your gonna need some pretty beastly motors and probs beefed up vescs or max 5 escs

you want to strap what are essentially dozens of fully charged pressure and air sensitive energy cells to your back and then balance on a 12 inch plank being propelled at 30mph?

Nah bro youā€™ll be sweet asā€¦ I canā€™t think of a single thing that could go wrong

8 Likes

I had to get up and walk away so I can breathe :joy:

LOL, best thing iā€™ve seen today!

how big do you want your trailer?

1 Like

BMS integrated into charger for plugnplay 10s balance charger for CHEAP Will be using DB15 connector, and double pins for power leads, which leave 11, perfect :wink: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/2870

1 Like

OHHHHH YEAAAAAA thats exactly it and more!! I wonder how much it costā€¦

I saw the other pic and arenā€™t those two wires going to the bms a bit small? How much current does the charger output?

I am no expert in the field of batteries. And I thought I was contributing to the topic. But I got shot down by the veteran member of this forum. Now I am embarrassed by this. Ok, Iā€™ll shut up now. -Ryan

You could actually do this but it would need to be in some sort of case to protect it. Although if you were to land on it you could still injure your back

1 Like

Itā€™s 10S 2A

Thanks, It just a crazy idea. And I 'm aware of the danger, thatā€™s why research and inputs from people who knew better is important. Cheers.

You are contributing. Any discussion is able to reach a better outcome when the input is more diversified.

1 Like

Mine would be use a super fast 4wd build as a follow cam for downnhill raw runs.

Actually in the planning stage of the build, left is to figure out battery cell types and config. Basically 12s7p 30q (so far the best imao, checking 30t and a123 still) 4d hummie 145kv 97mm. Then Going on a riding trip for 2 weeks in spring in our skate van. Find some sick spots around europe, and get the sickest footage. IF you dont need a car for a follow cam for raw runs, it opens up so many more possibilities.

Few examples of some of my favourites raw runs:

Beaitfully made, controled and representing switzerland as the riders paradise that it is.

Sick controle,fast for an open road (118km/h) SWITZERLAND BABY

Flowy run, a dream route !

1 Like

Curious if any of these magnetic gearing systems have made it into the real world. There are likely limitations due to eddy currents and heat, but not an engineer or physicist to debunk the technology. Would be great for hub motors and increased torque.

Thereā€™s slip potential and think the magnets would have to be pretty big and strong to stop it. Expensie and Maybe lot of space. Wish its not the case but thatā€™s my guess

What if you made it so your rear shoe had a big magnet connector in it so when you step on a certain spot with your heal you power your board.

Truly Crazy Idea.

1 Like