Crazy ideas corner

Yep, thats what i was looking for. Not so crazy after all. Seems that he did go for a strain gauge. I was thinking more in the lines of a Force Sensitive Resistor (FSR)

What about pneumatic cylinders between truck and board? If the valve is open the lean-resistance is nearly the same, but if you close it the trucks become more stiff. You could even adjust the strength by using different sized vent holes.

1 Like

Lately Ive been speculating whenever something like this for eboard would be possible:

Though they do mention it was not a commercial success, as it increased weight of car (was more heavy than conventional suspension… and probably more expensive too.

I do know they tend to use something similar in Forestry machines, where the cabin is always leveled. (they also mentioned at end, that they did come up with selling special leveled seats for trucks in the end more or less)

2 Likes

Thats pretty cool!

Magnetic suspension will be very expensive and heavy. GMC has some implementation of magnets in their suspension. Lexus had some similar concept with a magnetic liquid cooled hover board. Now the reason it’s not feasible, (it can be made, but very expensive) is because it has to be liquid cooled magnets to make them more powerful.

1 Like

What about a wrist protector with integrated controller? , anyone done that?. Seem that those things have enough space and rigidity to mount some eletronics.

2 Likes

power switch to turn off/on just one motor

• it’s a bad idea to do this?
  • is better to connect the vescs with can port or use a y-cable?

p.s. sorry for my drawing skills

My money says the VESC 2 gets power from motor 2 since you’re driving the coil around in a magnetic field so it will generate electrical potential and the power will be driving into the MOSFETs. You could try but my guess is those end up frying think that power needs to be bled off somehow but then will be definitely less efficient than running the two, would like to see what the difference is with one motor completely disconnected vs two but guess is without fully removing it and the vesc you may be open to drag or worse.

It’s going to be more efficient to burn current through two motors than one. Your current in each will be half, meaning resistive losses (i2r) will be 1/4th. Note that even switching the motor off still incurs the bearing + belt + cogging drag

I mentioned this above but people don’t believe me :smile:

Check for carvon controller. They are not wrist protectors per se but you can use it with gloves etc.