I feel I need to develop a swappable small batter system so that I’m able to create a tiny e-board with sufficient range for any situation. I was hoping you all might be able to help. Just for some background on the battery requirements, here’s the board I’m planning to build so far:
- 22" board with 125mm trucks and wheels to fit. Details here: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/mini-rover-121c-22-rover-randal-125mm-trucks-hub-motor/12851
- To deal with the 125mm trucks, I need hub motors with low kv (thinking Jacob’s). I’m fine with low speed, but I need the motors to actually be able to push me around.
- To deal with the small board size, I need a small battery pack. To enable decent range, that small battery pack needs to be swappable.
As for the battery, I’m thinking of the following:
- 10s2p (Within 2"x4"x8")
- Built in switch, spark protection
- Under 99Wh (for air travel)
- Easy, slide-in connector (e.g., like the Mellow Drive).
- 3D printing and whatever to get a nice enclosure (both board-side and battery-side)
I’m looking to build something elegant, so I’m willing to learn spot welding and all that if it’s necessary. But it’d also be great if there were pre-built options you’d recommend (e.g., modding an existing product or starting with pre-built packs, etc…). Any example might be to modify a space cell or to get battery packs from Alibaba or something (https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-recommmend-18650-36v-10s2p-battery_60535325860.html). Though I worry about reliability in the latter case.