Creation of ''E-board database''. Please give your feedback!

Currently pure php, js, css + html. Mixed wildly, strangely…

What happened to this? I think it’s a good idea

As I was not a direct programmer / maker of the project, more like a co-creator / supporter of this database then, I think, @DeathCookies can answer this one better.

So, before he has answered to this topic personally, I will try to give my answer to this question:

So - the short answer to that (from my perspective) is that it got a bit stuck

He was just one guy doing all the heavy lifting, though there was @karma also who helped with design here and there but for the structure/functions side @DeathCookies was the only one progressing the project further from bare bones / structure perspective

I was helping with ideas and just tried to keep it on track, though, I think @deatchookies can reveal more on what stopped him from taking it further and also making it possible for others to join the project.

Personally, I remember him saying that he also has main job and that he had been very busy lately to continue the project (at the time it started to slow down)… and he also mentioned that he has done some mistakes to the code and general structure of the page, so it is very hard to revert that back, so that others could use and understand what he has made…

Personally, would have loved to see this project grow and propel (prospect) further… I assume it is not a one man’s (one programmer’s job) to make this happen… so in order to achieve this… we either would need to encourage @DeathCookies to finish it up (make it accesible for others)… or just start from scratch sadly… of course, the 2nd option is not so nice and motivating,

So I do hope it is still possible to resurect some parts of what has been already done and make it into a somewhat good and useful page for fellow eboard enthusiasts and builders, who might really need and would benefit from easier search engine of builds and also a compare function, which we so much advertised and strived for in the ‘‘early stage’’.

So yeah, generally speaking, I still have not given up on the idea, the bad thing is that im not a programmer now myself… and basically all the work which has been done relies on just one person and this person is @DeathCookies … so he is the one to contact and ask for details and his opinion about the project :wink:

I’ve seen some early attempts at discussing the idea of collecting vesc video logs but have not seen an actual place / manifestation of such idea yet… so perhaps it is not that late yet to make an esk8 database ! :slight_smile:

I think now that there are some data logging options out there for vesc the database has a chance. but its still very early, the mobile apps don’t have any sort of standard.

For now I went with general build guides on my site, and I just made a range calculator for decent estimates based on battery.

at some point I’m thinking some real tests on range based on wheel size, gear ratio, battery voltage maybe even deck style?