Creative ways to make my helmet more noticeable

Purple would certainly look better! Hehe

Screenshot_2018-04-05-09-51-47_kindlephoto-280527941 I think I’ll get this and some bright reflective tape and try to make a cool design with it

7 Likes

100% +1 for the high-viz reflective tape.

1 Like

Yea. Doesn’t block you view at all. Sorry I just woke up but this is how far back on my face it is. Definitely better view then the full face I was using.

5 Likes

Woah okay that’s awesome, and at a good price too :slight_smile: most likely my helmet buy then :smiley: do the sizes run true/small/large? thanks for your help!

I had to get an XL. I would say they run small

Ok, so I like this idea and the neon Mohawk, so why not just neon multi-color helmet dreadlocks (and sideburns? = more visible.) Could even string some EL wire through it so it’s visible at night too. Bright colors and dynamic head movement should attract some attention. (Add Predator body armor for added effect.) :crazy_face:

Like, if this handsome gentleman :+1:

and this ravishing…uh…person :-1: got together…

ebdc9e523b95c7dbf6e5d554621ab2bc

and made this kid.:-1: Into a helmet. You still with me? :woman_office_worker:

1 Like

What about these? https://www.flashingblinkylights.com/neon-rave-noodle-hair-headbands-with-purple-leds-sku-no-11341-neon.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtZzWBRD2ARIsAIPenY0ZQVd_xxoWKg_kJxmzbhGpqfkakBU8Mu0Fa-gRNKOZy-UTsbf_zf4aAk7IEALw_wcB

1 Like

lol, www.FLASHINGBLINKYLIGHTS.com

2 Likes

The best way for cars to see you in the daylight is to put a giant life-sized fake-car made out of styrofoam on your helmet and paint it to look like an actual car.

Really I don’t think there is any really good way to get them to see anything else that isn’t a car. Swerving in your lane helps a bit. The problem is you’re trying to get someone’s subconscious to detect you (when it’s just on auto car-radar) by appealing to the conscious mind. What you really need is a life-sized fake car on your helmet. Or to take the other drivers back in time and train them to drive in a sea of skateboards instead of a sea of cars.

Sigh. If only any of that was remotely feasible…

a driver looking for cars perceives merely an absence of cars, not the presence of a motorcyclist/bicyclist/skateboarder/pedestrian

4 Likes

I’ve noticed when road bikers have just the small flashing LED light on their bike or helmet I notice if right away. More than anything even during the day this gets my attention. It’s small, lightweight and effective.

4 Likes

Yep i also think a blinking white LED front and red for the back of the helmet is the way to go for recognition. Add funny colorfull stuff to make it more creative and visible by day :slight_smile:

1 Like

13 Likes
2 Likes

Awesome. I like

1 Like

I think those are the ones I want. So many helpful ideas. Thanks

1 Like

@b264 I always thought about wrapping myself in one of these on my eboard :wink:

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019CF0440/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

^^ using these on my helmet they help not quite the same as something emitting light but the retroreflective stuff does work surprisingly well and can’t see it without light going straight at it and coming back.

Have you ever tried on a TSG? Just curious because i have long hair and it works pretty well. I do not have dreads or braids, however, so i imagine that complicates things further.

Does anyone know how the tsg fits in relation to motorcycle head shapes?

1 Like