Im ok with spending this much, but if I can I would like to reduce the cost as much as possible. Thanks for any input at all, and any tips that I may need as a first time DIY’er.
For the love of god please do not get that battery pack. It’s a 10s5p but made of 2000mah cells which gives you a pretty bad capacity. Diyeboard has also been quite sketchy.
- get a pack custom built of 30qs. 10s4p or larger if you want to go further.
- I’d use the flipsky VX1 controller over the nano one. It’s the same cost and the nano requires you to ‘remind’ the calibration after every power cycle
- I’d use a loopkey as a power switch, will cost you only a few bucks over the $39 flipsky one. I also hear switches fail for many.
- Get wheel pulleys and motor pulleys from @dickyho. They’re better quality than the diyeboard ones and for not much more cost. Also the diyeboard one is 13mm whereas it looks like you’re doing a 15mm setup.
- I’m a fan of fibreglass enclosures now, so eboosted and bigben can set you up. Streetwing I believe also sells some of bigben’s enclosures. Cheaper ABS options exist too but aren’t quite as sturdy.
- Banana connectors and heatshrink you can grab off amazon for half the cost.
And typically expect to spend more than your budget so keep that in mind. good luck!
Awesome thanks a ton! Any recommendations for a decent battery with a BMS integrated if this one wont cut it?
I’d pick up a battery built by someone on the forum. Where in the world are you?
Since this is a power build, something like a 10s4p would be the minimum in my opinion.
And by forum he means the other forum that is now forbidden to be mentioned here
exactly my thoughts!
most important, don’t buy that battery! it is really shit (especially for vesc 6.6), you will throw your money in garbage. actually, I would skip diyeboard completely. get charger from ebay/aliexpress.
use loopkey instead of antispark switch.
if you like trigger control, you can get gt2b remote from hobbyking, also awesome remote.
if you are in EU, I can build battery for you. I guess you are not in a hurry with it since you still have to start ordering parts.
For some reason, I thought you only offered packs in AUS. I know Dareno loves your work. Good to know!
@BillGordon I don’t know if you answered to me, but I am from EU and I can ship only inside EU. I never had any business with Dareno (he is in AUS, right?), maybe you have mistaken me for someone else?
Mixed you up with TinnieSinker. I’m going to put the dunce cap on now and go stand in the corner.
Hahaha no problem!
this dude has excellent deals on boards and he’s quite helpful. https://forum./t/m-hboards-battery-building-services-5-of-profits-donated-to-esk8-news/7017