Cumulus Nimbus 4wd 12s8p evo street build

You’ll going to shoot your eye out…LOL image

That will be one hell of a board

1 Like

So I got some stuff in first thing I put on my board was the 6 shooters but since I am running TB motors the shafts are too long I’m gona cut them dow so I can at least ride around the block in 2wd mode lol

5 Likes

So I’ll post more pics when I get home but left focbox stopped working while trying to set up sensored hybrid mode, it smells burnt but other than that all the lights work like normal it just wont turn the motor and fails motor detection.

I ran into another issue the front of the evo deck may be too shallow to run the motors behind the truck I’ll test when i get home but I really dont want to run the motors on the outside they would be the first thing to hit something and unprotected. Dilemma dilemma.

So this is my dilemma the front motors are too close to the deck I have like 2mm clearance lol

2 Likes

The motor mount is at max extension for tensioning it may be okay if I get rid of the wedge and add a spacer but I’m not sure how the ride will change. I have large spacers I may have to try it

1 Like

reverse mount?

I’m trying to avoid that cause if the board slams into anything then its gona be motors first. If I ever do that then I really wont allow anyone to ride my board lol

move the mount upwards?

I already have new mounts from @oriol360 they are great my favorite mounts I want to make them work so I may go with the spacer idea.

I just tried the wheels in single motor set up since one of my old focboxes blew up and it’s pretty torquey with one motor I cant imagine how 4 motor will feel and the rolling resistance on the 6 shooters arnt too bad I pumped the wheels to 60psi and I was rolling pretty nicely.

It feels so nice riding on air omg I cant even feel the blind bumps when I go over them

3 Likes

Found my problem doh!

7 Likes

So I rode the 6 shooters and wow they are amazing. So much confidence it rolls over anything! My friends couldn’t keep up with my on a bridge cause I’d fly over the expansion gaps and they would have to slow down lol

The rolling resistance is high compared to a urethane wheel but the stability is insane. We also went through some rough asphalt and everyone was complaining except me haha

If you are looking for pnumatic wheels then look no further @psychotiller 6 shooters are the way to go!

I was going to get the 6.5" trampa wheel but I’ve heard of people saying the tire only last about 100 miles before wearing out really badly also their business tactics are the biggest thing keeping me away from them.

I cant wait to see what @torqueboards is going to make.

1 Like

Good golly that road dust son!

But yea poof drv.

Regarding the front. Your only option may be forward facing motors. Or trying TB motor mounts with adjustable rotation. Remember you can run the motors dropped a little lower then normal because of pneumatics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice!! Thanks for the review! Let everyone know how much longer these last than every other pneumatic out there.

10 Likes

I can’t friggin wait to get some shooters they are heavenly :rofl:

3 Likes

Yea man so far 20miles 1/5th of the life of the trampa tires and I see no real wear on them.

4 Likes

I don’t see any wear on my trampa 6.5" after 20 either…

I think you are thinking of the Innova 7" and evolve 7" tires

But alas there are no 6" options except the tillers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got 2 sets of 6 shooters, my kids set makes 3. I tried to borrow my kids the other day for some testing as he had his board torn down for maintenance anyways…I think the little shit was ready to fight me over them :slight_smile:.

I mean…is there a better testimonial to the desirability of a product than a 15 year old willing to fight his old man, who used to box competitively, over it. @psychotiller…the maker of the best numies ever and the cause of a mans son getting a beat down :smile:

16 Likes

My dad could never catch me, that’s how I did ok… :rofl:

2 Likes

Fun night I cant wait to go again. I get scared rolling over things that a normal wheel would stop for cause I’m not used to these large wheels I better not get too used to it cause when I ride a normal wheels I’m gona bust my ass on something lol

2 Likes

3 Focboxes on the way from @Exiledd_Top thank you dude your a life saver

I have 1 focbox left to purchase, my enclosure and finally my battery to make, it’s coming along, soon I’ll be able to test the 4wd set up in my 12s4p battery to see how it feels lol.

2 Likes