Current limiter

Ok my bad, I did totally misunderstood you.

do you know something i could do to limit the current?

You want to connect the current limiter between your battery and ESC. So you’ll set the duty cycle of that device to a maximum and adjust the current limit to 50A. Is that correct?

Sounds like it could work but I’d rather try something different first: Depending on the remote you’re using you might be able to adjust your max duty cycle and that will also limit the current draw. Set it as low as possible and install a fuse (maybe 48A) between your battery and ESC. Make sure your battery is fully charged and go for a ride, if the fuse doesn’t blow increase the max duty cycle a tiny little bit and go for another ride. repeat until the fuse eventually blows. Then swap the 48A fuse with a 50A one, it should not blow but is nice to have if you change the settings by accident.

2 Likes

That was a great idea, only problem is that I don’t think I can change the remote, ( I’m going to have a look inside when I come home). The only thing I can change is from beginner to advanced. But how much current do you think a 55kg person would draw?

This circuit would work?

So you want to spend $30 on hardware you don’t need… to save money? Just put that money toward a VESC

1 Like

When limiting amps comes to my mind, i think of snap action breakers. They are like fuses but they reset themselves after they cool off. They are calibrated to amperage by heat, so if you hit 50 amps it wont shut off automatically, only after a couple seconds when it heats up. After it cools back down, it will go back to normal and complete the circuit.

Not sure if it wold be good for esk8 cause it might shut off when you dont want it too.

The ebay link just lost. Do you have the name of the board? Thanks