Custom 18650 Battery (Pre-Build)

If you use 6 cells than it would be 6s if 7 cells then 7s… you will only have 4500mah tho you could use 6s2p to get 9000mah at 6s

do you think the cells are good?

I don’t know… I have no expirence with them… I would send an email to liion and ask if they are reliable compared to the 25r

good idea, aright thanks!

Snap!! She’s a looker!! Are these available now!?

1 Like

@Ulfberht Waiting on the on/off switches.

1 Like

Could you just make this switch out of a golf cart relay?

Nice @torqueboards I think you’re the first in the US to offer them for sale!

1 Like

Same price as the other one? I still have the Old one, will the switch work with the new one? I’ll buy one for this new build.

I love that deck. I saw one very similar on taobao like 6 months back.

It’s my new favorite deck shape! The kicks are the perfect size and the concave is perfect. Super stiff too for a lightweight deck.

What deck is that?! Looks super similar to the Landyachtz Tomahawk. I based my custom decks that I’ve been pressing on it.

But I like the look of that one more. Need.

I’m not sure on the model…I went in to Ehlers longboard shop and asked him if he had any new shapes so he busted a couple out. It’s not on his website. I’ll find out what it is and report back

@psychotiller I believe this is the board you’re looking for? http://www.skateshred.com/index.php/wholesale-blank-longboard-decks/double-kicktail-dark-walnut-top-mount.html

2 Likes

That’s it!!! Such a great shape!

2 Likes

Why dost thou decide to go for a rear mount?

The only reason is that I had this set of Surfrodz/LaGrange L1 Trucks. I figured I may as well use them though right? Matt made me a flat 8s lipo pack with bms and smart charger too for this build. 65c 8s and an EZrun Max 6 ESC.

hey guys, how is the battery pack work going?

I’m wondering about the following:

• use nickel strips to connect the 18650 cells? (they might only hold up to 40A, so this might be ok to connect the P cells)
  • wire gauge to use which connects the p3 cells and everything else? (AWG10 rated for 52A)

I’m just wondering since I’m trying to do the same thing, 10S3P bought the same BMS 37V 60A (at least it’s ordered) and the LG HE4 cells, but I now doubt the whole idea to support a 60 amp continuous current, even though this is only theoretical.

If I put in a 60A BMS I would like to ensure that the batterypack is actually able to deliver and I really don’t know what to use to connect the cells (likely going for something 10mm2 / AWG 8 or 7). Just thinking it doesn’t make sense to have a 60A BMS when the connections of your cells start melting before the BMS actually protects your battery pack. Could be that I got something totally wrong though. How are you guys going to connect the cells?

As far as rumors go the enertion space cell, can deliver 40A continuous by BMS (http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/space-cell-opened-up/510) and the batterypack on torqueboards supports just 30A continuous either (electric-skateboard-battery-epower-pack-10s3p/)

So guess the 60A BMS was actually not the best idea.

Btw. this is my first post, great place to hang out here thanks to all of you guys, even though I might spend a bit too much time here lately :wink:

Have a good one and happy building!

Hey guys! Here’s a quick way to test your nickel strips to make sure they are not steel with nickel plate

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/bms-and-voltage-monitor-question/442/2?u=shred