Custom Battery packs

I’ve been thinking of foregoing a BMS and having voltmeters and just balance charge often. It’s supposed to increase your battery life by 3x and you get better performance from your battery when you don’t run a BMS

Would that also charge Li-on? Cause some of these make that distinction and I don’t plan on using lipo but the Li-on cells

Can you please explain why a battery pack without a BMS will be capable of 3x more cycles, compared to a pack with a BMS?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/75p-1220-charger.html

Here is the link. A 5 sec Google search would have found a 12s Lipo charger easily

1 Like

Yeah I just found that, though I think they stopped producing it and I haven’t found any others that do 12s.

Regarding the other statement, I can’t say from experience as to the extra life of the battery, but I have been burned multiple times by BMS’s that weren’t working properly and it’s cost me many many hundreds of dollars. This is what I watched, and I’ve also read many things and posts from people saying the BMS is better left off or they got better performance without one.

You might get better performance sans BMS if you are using a junky BMS or one that is not rated for the amp output you need.

If you run less than 60a Max and have a BMS rated for 60a, by a reputable manufacturer like Bestech or SuPower, wired for both charge and discharge…there is so little chance that you will get less lifetime or less performance that’s it’s barely worth thinking about.

2 Likes

Well the instances in talking about where they failed me were related to my motorcycle battery with bully e in BMS and it was damn expensive… I’m still up in the air about it though… I have yet to find another charger besides the one linked earlier that is no longer being made that does 12s so I’m still drawn to the idea of having two separate 6s8p batteries that I could have a separate charger port and balance cables for each so I could dual balance charge them at the same time, and then also be able to connect the two to bring it up to 12s8p.

A 12s balance charger is gonna be tough to find. I have a board that is 6s that I used to use a balance charger on. I eventually got a BMS and use a 2a brick charger now, it’s so much easier.

Well I plan on mainly charging it that way, with a fast charger brick charger, but I want the ability to balance charge it occasionally should I need to.

I would suggest x2 6s packs then. Discharge in series, charge in parallel.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Help me with a group buy for cells

I love how you hijacked my thread dude.

3 Likes

I get them at around 7$ is not worth the hassle or ordering in china either.

Omg lol I’m really very very sorry about that I genuinely didn’t mean to do that, I just spaced out. Really sorry bro.

You are able to get the new Samsung 30T 21700 cells? How long have you been able to get them? Have you used them yet, and if so, what’s your opinion?

1 Like

Try makita or some other quality power tools

1 Like

Yeah I am gonna have to agree with this one, maybe it would be better for you to start your own thread, as @bimmer is trying to sell his product in this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Omg lol I’m really very very sorry about that I genuinely didn’t mean to do that, I just spaced out. Really sorry bro.”

I think he got it😉

1 Like

Yeah I realized that I was just trying to give him another option because he seems to have some good ideas :grin:

1 Like

Another finished Battery Meepo 1 for 1 swap and upgrade to 10s2p Sanyo NCR20700B 4000mAh 15A. 10s2p 8AH 30A

1 Like

How much did you charge for that pack?