Custom built battery packs in Australia 10s4p 30Q Evolve upgrade or DIY

Ok man. I’m keen ASAP! :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Hi there have been informed I need to pay for a replacement battery and esc for my GTX bamboo, have been quoted 700 by them, could you kindly quote me for the what ever I need to make it better, seems I exposed it to more water than I should have. Hope you can help. Thanks.

2 Likes

hey mate, You’ll have to get the esc from them but i can do you a new battery pack with more range and power than the stock BGTX for $440 (pickup on the northside of brizzy or approx $30 for shipping)

2 Likes

Interested. How many packs have you made so far? Do you have a background in electrics?

1 Like

Can you ship to Toronto Canada looking for a 12s4p 30q cells as soon as possible… what’s the time frame to build and ship …thank you much appreciated

1 Like

@Yanzo 3 10s4p so far. 4 more next week once the cells arrive. My background comes from 7 years in the RC hobby. transitioning to vesc and Li-ion was no problem. just a few months research :smile:

@Frenchy I’ll have to look into shipping regulations. next available is mid-August

1 Like

Thank you …I’ll keep you in mind…if you can find out what the shipping would be to Toronto Ontario Canada from where you are located…would be great as USA is out of control with the exchange rate plus tax duties and shipping is well over the budget… thanks alot

Let the fun begin! :smile:

IMG_20180716_165947

4 Likes

Hi, do you have more batteries for another pack? I want one. Also any modifications on the bgt to fit the 10s4p? Thanks

Hi, I will have more cells in 2-4 weeks. i wasn’t going to order until the current bunch was built and sold but due to the high demand i will be ordering more very soon.

the bamboo gt needs a riser like this one as the new pack will be thicker.

Where do you get the strips from? Or would you be willing to sell me a meter of 10x0.2 mm strip?

Im running low actually. waiting for a package, as usual

Awesome. How do I get one pack from you?

@Andr3s You’re on the list

1 down, a bunch to go XD

IMG_20180718_194502

flex test. if it wasn’t for the tape they’d be flopping all over the place

IMG_20180718_170443

Soldering the sides was awkward AF. so i built a stand

IMG_20180718_150254IMG_20180718_144057

8 Likes

Nicely done. Clever with the stand haha looking forward to my pack!

3 Likes

Hi there TS, do your services run to diagnostics and or repair?

I have a GTX with a 10s4p made in Aus but he is in Perth I’m in Bris.

Its only had 4 runs 2 no problem but now both my R2 remotes which have software updates are dropping out and staying out. It won’t reconnect without rebooting both board and remote and then lasts minutes. I haven’t ridden under excessive load since the 10s4p, charged fast or otherwise abuse. Motor temp was 28c and 29c respectively riding easy.

Have Tinnies will travel.

1 Like

Hey mars, that’s quite the pickle you have! I don’t have any experience with evolve remotes, only what I’ve read. I could run the multimeter over it, maybe it’s a lose wire or cold solder? We could also put a watt meter in there and check the volts under load. If that doesn’t uncover the problem we’ll at least be able to tell if it’s the battery or another component.

Will work for tinnies :joy:

2 Likes

Ive been slowly collecting bits for my board over a few months,

I’m at the stage where I’m either going to build a battery, or buy one. Is it possible to ship them?? I’m in Perth xD

1 Like

where have you heard of this huge amount of fake 30qs?

A lot of the 30q’s from Asian sites are rewrapped cells, some Australian stores selling 30q’s got them from Asia due to their price and again are unknowingly selling these fakes.

@TinnieSinker has done the right thing buying from NKON, they have a very good track history of selling genuine cells.

2 Likes